X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's talking about me.

Comment

I know who he's talking about. What he seems to be saying though is that it's "terrible" to err on the side of caution where there's possibly some anti-semitism going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Barrett View Post
        What are you talking about?
        How this thread has gone on a wild goose-chase about some perceived antisemitism, that was never there, but if it had been there, it'd been wrong, but if it isn't, then the perception was misplaced and will be withdrawn, but somehow the whole transaction isn't stupid, it being worthwhile. All carried out by normally sane people.

Comment

Originally posted by jean View Post
          He's talking about me.
          I'm not talking about you, I'm talking about us.

Comment

I know who he's talking about. What he seems to be saying though is that it's "terrible" to err on the side of caution where there's possibly some anti-semitism going on.
            If you understand the working class, his cryptic interjections will be clear to you, surely?

Comment

I think that what he's saying is that it's a bit silly to be spending time on politically correct fool's errands, when there is so much anti-semitism going on currently, with Jewish people in the UK for the first time in a long time, in real fear. And the irony is that the left are paralysed by political correctness and a fear of being blown up, to talk about it. But I can't claim to be an expert on what he's saying. But hey, let's err on the side of caution regarding anti-semitism (unless it's too difficult?).

Comment

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
                the left are paralysed by political correctness and a fear of being blown up, to talk about it
                Who are you referring to as "the left" this time?

Comment

Who are you referring to as "the left" this time?
                  Like that's the most important bit, FFS!!!!

Comment

Like that's the most important bit, FFS!!!!
                    Is that your answer?

Comment

Is that your answer?

The question being, is it a bit silly of the left (Faux et al) to be spending time on politically correct fool's errands, when there is so much anti-semitism going on currently, with Jewish people in the UK for the first time in a long time, in real fear. And the irony is that the left are paralysed by political correctness and a fear of being blown up, to talk about it. But I can't claim to be an expert on what he's saying. But hey, let's err on the side of caution regarding anti-semitism, unless it's too difficult?

I put the question, so it's for you to answer.

Comment

my reading of the use of his middle name is not that it referred to any religious affiliation but to his impeccable toffness; a distancing piece of rudeness to further alienate him from the rest of us .... an effete aristocrat, quite possibly the second son misappropriate the wealth of the estates ...

he will not like this economic view:
                        OECD report rejects trickle-down economics, noting ‘sizeable and statistically negative impact’ of income inequality

The west’s leading economic thinktank on Tuesday dismissed the concept of trickle-down economics as it found that the UK economy would have been more than 20% bigger had the gap between rich and poor not widened since the 1980s.
                        and this is an embarrassing piece of classism by Lady Jenkin [now eating her own words]
                        Lady Jenkin’s remarks overshadow launch of report examining rapid rise in numbers of Britons who are reliant on food banks
                        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Gideon isn't his middle name. His name at birth was Gideon Oliver Osborne. He himself added the George later on because, in his own words, "life was easier as a George; it was a straightforward name".

Comment

I think that what he's saying is that it's a bit silly to be spending time on politically correct fool's errands, when there is so much anti-semitism going on currently, with Jewish people in the UK for the first time in a long time, in real fear. And the irony is that the left are paralysed by political correctness and a fear of being blown up, to talk about it. But I can't claim to be an expert on what he's saying. But hey, let's err on the side of caution regarding anti-semitism (unless it's too difficult?).
                            How does one (a serious question) separate out REAL anti semitism from those who perceive it in all opposition to Israel?

Comment

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
                              How does one (a serious question) separate out REAL anti semitism from those who perceive it in all opposition to Israel?
                              Being in opposition to the state Israel does not make one anti-semitic, although George Galloway goes too far in my opinion and it was confidence-giving that the Police interviewed him under caution regarding his speech on Israel, recently.

It's when the views on Israel amount to incitement and/or create a nasty threatening atmosphere, where the problem is, IMV.

Comment

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
                                an embarrassing piece of classism by Lady Jenkin [now eating her own words]
                                Her "apology" however contains the statement "If people today had the cooking skills that previous generations had, none of us would be eating so much pre-prepared food."

Previous generations of course lived in a world in which many women didn't have jobs and people weren't caught up in a long-working-hours culture or having to work well over an hour's travelling distance from home thus having greatly more time for traditional housekeeping activities. She also extols the virtues of porridge, which of course is actually a pre-packaged food, and claims that a bowl of it costs 4p which may have been true forty years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X