What has happened to May's ordinary working people thread?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What has happened to May's ordinary working people thread?

Given the amount of work put into it, it's like the gestapo just having it erased with no comment as to why - and chav beyond belief.

Originally posted by Lat-Literal View Post
    Given the amount of work put into it, it's like the gestapo just having it erased with no comment as to why - and chav beyond belief.
    If you looked earlier it was because it was moved down to the P&C board - where you can still comment on it. I must say, it was a real pleasure to see Radio 3 type threads at the top of What's New? since it disappeared.

Decision was it had been breaking the House Rules on discussing politics and had now moved completely away from the OP - a matter which in any case already been settled. Completely. By the government.

It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
      If you looked earlier it was because it was moved down to the P&C board - where you can still comment on it. I must say, it was a real pleasure to see Radio 3 type threads at the top of What's New? since it disappeared.

Decision was it had been breaking the House Rules on discussing politics and had now moved completely away from the OP - a matter which in any case already been settled. Completely. By the government.

http://www.for3.org/forums/forumdisp...urrent-Affairs
      Perhaps if you don't like such threads being at the top of "What's New?" you might adopt the principle of not contributing to them, thereby not encouraging them?

And veering way off the OP topic yourself when doing so? It misleads and essentially wastes people time.

The EU was first mentioned in post 8 but not substantially raised again until post 63 - by you. The SNP were first mentioned between the two, admittedly on NICs - by you.

The highly political OP was anti Government. The decision it should stand then was made on those grounds.

The thread was not removed for irrelevance for very many days and it was only removed when those who opposed the Chancellor realised that they were getting their way.
      Last edited by Lat-Literal; 20-03-17, 15:47.

Comment

As far as I can tell, the problem here is the question of when is politics (in the sense of government activity) not politics. Yes, the thread veered off course on several occasions but it was government politics right from the OP, whether it be the Prime Minister's "ordinary working people" (why hers?) of the topic or the specific government decision over NIC increases and their subsequent revocation; I think that, even had it not veered off topic, it would still have been at the top of the "What's New?" section pretty frequently.

As such, is there or should there be deemed to be a no-go area on this forum where any Parliamentary / governmental activity is concerned? Or should there be a Politics thread for all of it but not relegated to the basement?

Comment

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
          As far as I can tell, the problem here is the question of when is politics (in the sense of government activity) not politics. Yes, the thread veered off course on several occasions but it was government politics right from the OP, whether it be the Prime Minister's "ordinary working people" (why hers?) of the topic or the specific government decision over NIC increases and their subsequent revocation; I think that, even had it not veered off topic, it would still have been at the top of the "What's New?" section pretty frequently.

As such, is there or should there be deemed to be a no-go area on this forum where any Parliamentary / governmental activity is concerned? Or should there be a Politics thread for all of it but not relegated to the basement?
          We've been there before and there is no point. Increasingly there is no point in doing anything constructive. Individual people will just tear it all apart.

I am currently reviewing my attitude towards celtic music and indeed current political affiliation. They feel wholly unsustainable in the present climate.

Comment

We've been there before and there is no point. Increasingly there is no point in doing anything constructive. Individual people will just tear it all apart.
            I suppose that tearing particular threads apart is not confined to political ones, but...

I am currently reviewing my attitude towards celtic music and indeed current political affiliation. They feel wholly unsustainable in the present climate.
            Well, there are two very different topics which presumably share only what you perceive as their unsustainability!

Comment

Working...
            X