Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
    Hi Lat - here's the story from the New York Times which gives more info on the possible relationship between Pesto and NI

Boy George? Word on the cyber street is that he flew to NY for dinner with James M 2 weeks before bid decision.
    I'm sure all discussions were 'appropriate' (and,sadly, that whoever was in power at the time would have been similarly seduced)
    Bravo Global! Gosh this is getting murky :yikes:

Comment

Originally posted by PJPJ View Post
      It's called a covertly recorded conversation when you justify the action as legitimate undercover journalism, and blagging if you're a victim. Now it appears Piers Morgan has questions to answer, too.
      Any links please, PJ?

Comment

I've had my doubts about Peston ever since he scooped the Cable story. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he is in NI's pocket in some way.

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
          Any links please, PJ?
          Evidence of possible phone hacking at the Sunday Mirror newspaper has been found by the BBC's Newsnight.

These allegations were in Morgan's time - he has in the last few days angrily denied knowing anything about anything.

Read the latest breaking news from around the UK. Get all the headlines, pictures, video and analysis on the stories that matter to you

Former City Slicker reporter offers evidence for public inquiry, alleging phone hacking was widespread at Mirror and People

Comment

Originally posted by PJPJ View Post
            http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14259180

These allegations were in Morgan's time - he has in the last few days angrily denied knowing anything about anything.

Read the latest breaking news from around the UK. Get all the headlines, pictures, video and analysis on the stories that matter to you

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011...-morgan-mirror
            Cheers PJ! - great stuff! :ok:

Comment

The questions around Piers seem of great interest in the U.S. - why on Earth may they want to see a cocky know-it-all Brit cut down to size??

There is now an ongoing spat between him and Louise Mensch MP and Mills & Boon novelist, wife of the manager of death-metal group Metallica [not regularly featured on these boards, for which I give great thanks].
              What were her motives for mentioning him during Question Time with Steptoe and Son?

Comment

"News International launched a campaign of bullying against senior Liberal Democrats in an attempt to force through the company's bid for BSkyB, high-level sources have told the Observer.

Lib Dem insiders say NI officials took their lobbying campaign well beyond acceptable limits and even threatened, last autumn, to persecute the party if Vince Cable, the business secretary, did not advance its case."

Party claims it was told it would be 'done over' by Murdoch papers if deal did not go through as company wanted

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                  "News International launched a campaign of bullying against senior Liberal Democrats in an attempt to force through the company's bid for BSkyB, high-level sources have told the Observer.

Lib Dem insiders say NI officials took their lobbying campaign well beyond acceptable limits and even threatened, last autumn, to persecute the party if Vince Cable, the business secretary, did not advance its case."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011...emocrats-bskyb
                  Clegg and Co must have been flattered that Murdoch finally acknowledged their existence.

Comment

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post

Last night Mr Watson then had a spat with Robert Peston, accusing him specifically of being a NI patsy as he released the news about the sacking of the ex-NOTW now Sun journo at exactly the same time as Myler/Krone rubbished James M's evidence. ?
                    To be fair to Robert Peston he has strongly denied such links:
                    Here are his verbatim quotes made publicly within the last hour:

There is important and tragic news in the world, which is why I felt it was inappropriate to respond to questions about my Murdoch coverage
                    I can’t respond to NYT article nyti.ms/q5Wlw2 because it would require me to talk about sources which, as you know, is impossible
                    But as a journalist for 28 years, all I have is a reputation for impartiality – which I would never, and have never, compromised
                    But as someone says on the same thread

surely the skill of a journalist is to cultivate info from your sources & to understand their potential motives for divulging info
                    A point well made..

Comment

I am surprised Cameron hasnt resigned!
                      Don’t cry for me
                      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

i'm not and i don't think this scandal will do for him, but Osborne could get very unlucky!
                        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

And to think that only a few years ago ....THIS....was front page news....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4405752.stm
                          bong ching

Comment

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                            And to think that only a few years ago ....THIS....was front page news....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4405752.stm
                            Indeed, but even then, towards the end, why on earth did the reporter write...

She had earlier met former Cabinet minister David Blunkett, who resigned as work and pensions secretary on Wednesday.
                            Odd. Or perhaps that was what had driven her to violence? :winkeye:

Comment

Maybe not melting, but getting a bit hot under the collar....

Latest on those who contradict James Murdoch's statement

Comment

they had better watch out!

i see Hugh Orde has made his bid for the Met job ...comparing Sir Paul S 's resignation to R Murdoch's state of denial ....

the rats are squealing ....

... now what about the rothermere rag?
                                According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Working...
                                X