Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by french frank View Post
    Meanwhile tabloid journalists take their revenge - or try to?
    Conservative Louise Mensch admits it is "highly probable" she took drugs with violinist Nigel Kennedy while working for record company EMI.

Although not a great fan of hers, I thought her response was excellent, even better if she had said either 'I forget' or 'I wasn't there at the time' or 'Never heard of Nigel Kennedy'

Comment

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
      Although not a great fan of hers, I thought her response was excellent, even better if she had said either 'I forget' or 'I wasn't there at the time' or 'Never heard of Nigel Kennedy'
      It was certainly the way to take the wind out of their sails. I would speculate that someone in the know thought that journalists would be ready to bite if evidence of a juicy story were produced - and they were.
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

I was so pleased to read about the damages awarded to Christopher Jefferies as the character assassination in the tabloids was really sickening.

On a lighter note, the pie-thrower has been convicted (sentencing to be held next week) The part-time stand-up comic emerged from court and said: "I would just like to say this has been the most humble day of my life." Well, it made me smile, about the whole thing in this sorry saga that has
        Last edited by Guest; 29-07-11, 16:11. Reason: typo

Comment

Mulcaire's lawyers have issued a statement apologising and saying that as an employee he acted under instructions ...
          According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
            I was so pleased to read about the damages awarded to Christopher Jefferies as the character assassination in the tabloids was really sickening.

On a lighter note, the pie-thrower has been convicted (sentencing to be held next week) The part-time stand-up comic emerged from court and said: "I would just like to say this has been the most humble day of my life." Well, it made me smile, about the whole thing in this sorry sage that has
            Did he eat Humble Pie?

The coverage about Christopher Jefferies was thoroughly disgraceful - I'd hoped editors would be punished for contempt as well.

Comment

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
              as an employee he acted under instructions ...
              I don't understand why that wouldn't have come out (or been said / mentioned) in 2007

Comment

Originally posted by PJPJ View Post
                The coverage about Christopher Jefferies was thoroughly disgraceful - I'd hoped editors would be punished for contempt as well.
                It would seem that Editors are not responsible for their staff or what is published in their papers. Turn that around and it follows Managing Directors or Proprietors of companies/businesses are therefore not responsible for anything ........... So, it's not so much a question of The Buck stops Here but The Buck never gets passed at all?

Comment

On a lighter note, the pie-thrower has been convicted (sentencing to be held next week) The part-time stand-up comic emerged from court and said: "I would just like to say this has been the most humble day of my life." Well, it made me smile, about the whole thing in this sorry saga that has
                  On an equally lighter note, a girl friend of mine in Bristol knew Christopher Jefferies slightly. At the time all those malicious rumours were being circulated throughout the press, she commented to me, "Well, he couldn't possibly have done what the police have said happened to the poor girl. He would have been far too short!" :biggrin:

Comment

I was pleased at the result, though rather alarmed at the (comparatively) small sums awarded to him.

The man was basically trashed for the appalling crimes of not liking sport and being eccentric (though there are doubtless some who will maintain that the two things are interconnected).

Comment

Originally posted by PJPJ View Post
                      Did he eat Humble Pie?

Dominic Grieve had said that he felt that the chances of Mr Jeffreries getting a fair trail had been severely diminished by some of the reporting. :grr:

Comment

It would seem that Editors are not responsible for their staff or what is published in their papers. Turn that around and it follows Managing Directors or Proprietors of companies/businesses are therefore not responsible for anything ........... So, it's not so much a question of The Buck stops Here but The Buck never gets passed at all?
                        :ok::ok:

Comment

Originally posted by Mandryka View Post
                          I was pleased at the result, though rather alarmed at the (comparatively) small sums awarded to him.

The man was basically trashed for the appalling crimes of not liking sport and being eccentric (though there are doubtless some who will maintain that the two things are interconnected).
                          Oh come, now, he repeatedly dyed his hair blue - say no more!! :yikes::laugh:

If you can't be an eccentric these days, it's a poor show.:whistle:

How much did he accept, Mandryka?

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                            And repeatedly compared to Quentin Crisp, in that he never married, had purple locks, was untidy, read books, ergo, he was the most suspicious of gay characters. Honestly, I ask you, in Bristol? :biggrin:

Comment

[QUOTE=Anna;70860]
                              Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                              And repeatedly compared to Quentin Crisp, in that he never married, had purple locks, was untidy, read books, ergo, he was the most suspicious of gay characters. Honestly, I ask you, in Bristol? :biggrin:
                              I'll have to refer you to french frank for an in-depth response, Anna but based on my own experience of that fair city, I'd say that you're on to a winner :laugh::laugh::ok:

Comment

Thee's talkin 'bout summer moy best friends!

Comment

Working...
                                X