Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I also hear someone on the 6 o'clock News on Sunday.... say,that R Brookes was invited on FRIDAY, to attend on Sunday at Met; this invitation being before her RESIGNATION....i.e prompted resignation.

smells smells smells smells smells smells
    smells smells smells smells smells smells smells smells smells smells smells smells
    smells smells smells smells smells smell
    smells smells smells smells smells smells smells smells smells smells smells smells

of stink.... has Mr Grew any views on the word ESTABLISHMENT....
    bong ching

Comment

iBasta :ok:
      bong ching

Comment

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
        Did I also hear someone on the 6 o'clock News on Sunday.... say,that R Brookes was invited on FRIDAY, to attend on Sunday at Met; this invitation being before her RESIGNATION....i.e prompted resignation.
        The official version is that she handed in her resignation, was later that day summoned to attend the police station on Sunday and did not know in advance that she would be arrested.

"It would be inappropriate to discuss any further details regarding these cases at this time." - Met.
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

We have been focussing on the drama of it all but I genuinely wonder what is happening behind that interest. In other words, when all of this begins to fade, what will it reveal in terms of public legacy?

It would probably be fair to assume that the feelings among the general public about those "in charge" had soured to an unprecedented level in our lifetimes before these revelations. Now I wonder just what the disengagement might be. After all, it is the media with whom we engage in order to sort of engage with them.

Locally, I detect among those who once essentially conformed with all of the expectations, and to some extent felt supported in doing so, a disgust that is so profound that it has led to a complete switching off. People I know have stopped buying all papers and listening to news programmes because they have had just about as much as they can stand of it.

In a strange way, this naturally falls in line with some of the Government's objectives - more local focus, the removal of Big Government and so on, but it also leads to a genuine dilemma. What will happen if there is a far greater separation in communication between these forces and the majority, ie when most of us decide not to listen to them for ever more?

Comment

er not to forget ENERGY [gas and electric bills] LANDLORDS [rent going up] and FOOD [prices] which might actually be the top of most peoples' concerns .... bought a train ticket lately and in the USA they currently pay in dollars and cents for a US gallon what we pay in £p for a litre of petrol ...
            According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Yep, but, we no longer have our colonies to exploit ....all the Establishment can do is exploit us the 'people'....
              bong ching

Comment

Now Yates has jumped (before being pushed).

Wheee, what a ride.

Comment

Yes, here it is. It is alleged that there is a bit of honesty in the jackpot. Those with a few coins to waste might wish to run them along the lines on his forehead. It must take a tremendous amount of "strategy" to have such a depth of furrow.

Met Police Assistant Commissioner John Yates has quit after growing pressure amid the News of the World phone-hacking scandal.

Comment

Now it appears Cressida Dick - she of de Menezes fame - is to take Yates's place

Oh dear.

Comment

Sniff Sniff....we get nearer to the smell of the New Notting Hill Set Establishment....

bong ching

Comment

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
                        We have been focussing on the drama of it all but I genuinely wonder what is happening behind that interest. In other words, when all of this begins to fade, what will it reveal in terms of public legacy?

It would probably be fair to assume that the feelings among the general public about those "in charge" had soured to an unprecedented level in our lifetimes before these revelations. Now I wonder just what the disengagement might be. After all, it is the media with whom we engage in order to sort of engage with them.

Locally, I detect among those who once essentially conformed with all of the expectations, and to some extent felt supported in doing so, a disgust that is so profound that it has led to a complete switching off. People I know have stopped buying all papers and listening to news programmes because they have had just about as much as they can stand of it.

This decline and fall is very depressing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
                          Can I just issue a wholehearted and sincere apology on behalf of our generations for tolerating the principal levers of power in this country being held by individuals who have effectively smashed it to smithereens. This is very obviously a matter of the deepest regret.
                          No, I don't think you can. What should you and your generation have done? Who are these individuals and what bits of the country have they smashed to smithereens?

Anyway the 'story' is a boring distraction from more important things. Very many people got a lot of pleasure from the NOW and fear that the SUN might change. They would much rather read about Ryan Giggs being naughty, how Harper Seven is getting on, about the sale of Tevez and Dear Dierdre's advice. Oh, and how can you refer in one of your posts to Ginger Slappa being a young woman; isn't she well top side of 40?

Comment

First Call for Cameron to resign....

News, analysis and opinion from the Financial Times on the latest in markets, economics and politics
                            bong ching

Comment

Originally posted by johnb View Post
                              An interesting theory being propounded on Radio 4 10pm news: that the reason Paul Stephenson gave for his resignation might not be the whole truth and that there is a big question for Paul Stephenson to answer.
                              There's also the small matter of £12,000 worth of hospitality at Champneys. That he should have accepted that beggars belief.

Comment

Originally posted by Osborn View Post
                                No, I don't think you can. What should you and your generation have done? Who are these individuals and what bits of the country have they smashed to smithereens?

Anyway the 'story' is a boring distraction from more important things. Very many people got a lot of pleasure from the NOW and fear that the SUN might change. They would much rather read about Ryan Giggs being naughty, how Harper Seven is getting on, about the sale of Tevez and Dear Dierdre's advice. Oh, and how can you refer in one of your posts to Ginger Slappa being a young woman; isn't she well top side of 40?
                                Tough. I'm going to apologise wholeheartedly anyway. I fully accept personal responsibility. It was on my watch. I would resign because of principle immediately if I had anything from which to resign.

My next door neighbour - a very well known b list celebrity but probably not to people on this forum - is a mate of Harper Seven's parents, absolutely genuinely. I would be hearing all about the splendid arrival without needing newspapers if only he ever spoke. His public persona is so different from the one in his similar-to-mine two-bedroom bungalow. Actually, I prefer his bungalow one so I'm not really complaining.

Ginger Slappa sounds like she could be a pal of Lady Gaga or maybe Gaga's gran. :smiley:

Comment

Working...
                                X