Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
    That said, the sheer amount ... ... they might think differently.
    Good heavens Alistair! An eight-line sentence. That's some going even for you! :smiley:

Comment

Originally posted by Simon View Post
      Good heavens Alistair! An eight-line sentence. That's some going even for you! :smiley:
      Is it? Does it matter (at least as much as the subject itself matters)? I don't even remember when that was (so perhaps you might care to provide a reminder)...

Comment

Is it? Does it matter (at least as much as the subject itself matters)? I don't even remember when that was (so perhaps you might care to provide a reminder)...
        No it's not important. I was only jesting. It was a page or so ago, I think. Edit: #596 on this thread: yesterday.

Anyway, returning to our sheep, that was a good email from Rupert. Good to read him stating outright that they won't protect people who have paid public officials. Should have done that earlier.

I do hope, though, that corrupt journos elsewhere get pilloried just as much as the NI lot. (They wouldn't on here, of course, but I meant in general.)

Comment

No it's not important. I was only jesting. It was a page or so ago, I think. Edit: #596 on this thread: yesterday.
          I see; you must a considerably smaller monitor that I do, then, for it's far less as displayed on mine!

Anyway, returning to our sheep
          No need to insult the Welsh!

that was a good email from Rupert. Good to read him stating outright that they won't protect people who have paid public officials. Should have done that earlier.
          I think, however, that most of us will accept the subsequent realities rather more eagerly than a promise in an email that's only been dragged out of RM as a direct consequence of so much ongoing pressure resultiung from the exposure of ever more findings.

I do hope, though, that corrupt journos elsewhere get pilloried just as much as the NI lot. (They wouldn't on here, of course, but I meant in general.)
          So do I - and I don't think that this will be all that unlikely in the long run, especially given that the Leveson enquiry is in for just that - a long run (a very long one, indeed) - and, to be fair, I don't imagine that anyone here would condone certain of the kinds of "journalistic" activity uncovered so far regardless of their source, Guardian journalists (for example) being no more exempt than anyone else in principle on this issue (by which, of course, I am not suggesting anything about the potential or actual guilt of any such); at this stage in the inquiry, I imagine that rather more people who've been following its progress are now inclined to believe that any journalist might fall prey to any or all of these kinds of activity if the pressure's turned up sufficiently (although I hasten to assure readers that, on the rare occasions that I've contributed to Tempo, I've neither surveilled nor stalked nor hacked anyone in the course of so doing).

Comment

(although I hasten to assure readers that, on the rare occasions that I've contributed to Tempo, I've neither surveilled nor stalked nor hacked anyone in the course of so doing).
            Jolly glad to hear it :smiley:

Comment

I think, however, that most of us will accept the subsequent realities rather more eagerly than a promise in an email that's only been dragged out of RM as a direct consequence of so much ongoing pressure resultiung from the exposure of ever more findings.
              I'm sure you are right.

I heard someone on the radio a while ago saying, about the possible Sun on Sunday, that "it will have to be whiter than white". And it certainly will.

Who knows, out of all this might yet come a more ethical press!

Comment

I'm sure you are right.

I heard someone on the radio a while ago saying, about the possible Sun on Sunday, that "it will have to be whiter than white". And it certainly will.

Who knows, out of all this might yet come a more ethical press!
                Really? Somehow, I cannot help but doubt it, actually (and, of course, it now seems that it's no longer the "posssible" Sun on Sunday anyway...)...

Comment

Sunday roast with a pint of Guinness while the wife does the washing up, followed by a snooze on the sofa with a fag dangling from your lips and the Sunday Sun half covering your face, and all's right with the world!

Comment

Originally posted by Ferretfancy View Post
                    Sunday roast with a pint of Guinness while the wife does the washing up, followed by a snooze on the sofa with a fag dangling from your lips and the Sunday Sun half covering your face, and all's right with the world!
                    Sounds like Pangloss for the 21st century! :biggrin:

Comment

James Murdoch has resigned as Chairman from NI to concentrate on TV, so I guess that leaves Rupert firmly in control?

And, also

Comment

James is a TV person - remember his speech in which he wanted to dismember the BBC as it was too competitive with commercial tv - the Murdochs want complete control of Sky as a major cash cow - the small and non profitable UK newspaper market are merely a sideshow for him. Probably worse than his father re far right support.

Comment

Matthew Norman - "Let us never forget the stench of this rank corruption"

("Leveson is no evil plot to stifle genuine reporting. We're staring at a tornado of organised crime.")

Comment

don't worry boy David will soon be friends again - all will be forgotten + if Murdoch promises to support the Tories totally forgiven.

Comment

Originally posted by Frances_iom View Post
                              don't worry boy David will soon be friends again - all will be forgotten + if Murdoch promises to support the Tories totally forgiven.
                              Serious question frances - do you think that people in USA will forget about the Murdoch family shenanigans so easily?

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                                X