Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
    Nope, ahinton - it's a deliberate inversion, something I'd have thought would be familiar territory to a composer :winkeye:
    Such a device is indeed familiar territory but, since you wrote "I sometimes think here is wasted on you", neither the nature of said inversion nor what is supposedly inverted is clear to me (perhaps because I'm being unduly dense - it would sadly not be the first such occasion!)...

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
      It was your juggernaut style rather than necessarily the content that I was aiming at, ahinton.:smiley:
      "Juggernaut"? Moi? Mais non! Very carbon footprint heavy and environmentally unfriendly, those!

Comment

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
        I guess that includes you as well then captain ?

:laugh:
        Captain who? Haddock?

http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/smile...ish-793750.gif
        Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
          Probably - as in "haddock razy idea and stuck with it"...

Comment

Just when Rupe thought he'd had a good day at the office ...

"The broadcast regulator Ofcom has stepped up its inquiry into whether BSkyB is a fit-and-proper company to hold a broadcast licence It has asked Rupert Murdoch's News Group newspapers for more documents disclosed in the civil cases relating to phone hacking.

Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation is the parent company of both News Group, which published the News of the World newspaper, and part-owner of BSkyB. The BBC understands that the company will supply the information requested."

Ofcom asks News of the World publisher News Group for more documents relating to phone hacking as it decides whether BSkyB is fit to hold a broadcasting licence.

:smiley:

Comment

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
              "Juggernaut"? Moi? Mais non! Very carbon footprint heavy and environmentally unfriendly, those!
              How so?

http://www.historyinthemargins.com/w...4-3722D446.jpg

Comment

well Nick Davies made the point that thiose whom he fingered will get their own back is coming about

the big squeal starts now .......watch out for Coulson Myler and Crone Mr M!

His assertion that I 'took charge of a cover-up' in relation to phone-hacking is a shameful lie. The same applies to his assertions that I misinformed senior executives about what was going on and that I forbade people from reporting to [former News International chief executive] Rebekah Brooks or to [ex chairman] James Murdoch," Crone added.

"It is perhaps no coincidence that the two people he has identified in relation to his cover-up allegations are the same two people who pointed out that his son's evidence to the parliamentary select committee last year was inaccurate.

see graun link above
                According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

On the grounds of what I imagine am51 to have had in mind when he used the term -which, I 'umbly suspect, is perhaps not quite analogous to what you picture here...

Comment

Another good day for the Murdochs and the Coalition Government ....

The Leveson inquiry may be able to force News Corporation to hand over potentially incriminating papers about the firm's hacking cover-up, despite its claiming legal privilege, a law professor has said.

Leveson may be able to demand currently withheld documents if lawyers were being used to assist criminal fraud, expert says

The culture secretary, Jeremy Hunt, has been urged by a Liberal Democrat MP to clear himself by asking David Cameron to refer his handling of the News Corporation/BSkyB deal to the independent adviser for the ministerial code.

Lorely Burt becomes latest Lib Dem to suggest Hunt clear himself by asking to be referred to adviser for ministerial code

Not so remarkable - it seems eminently sensible - except this is what the Deputy Prime Minister and her party leader was saying earlier in the day that using the Leveson Inquiry where Hunt would give evidence & be questioned under oath should be adequate provided it was done quickly.

Why railroad Leveson into what looks dangerously like mission creep when there is a ministerial code and an independent adviser, Sir Alex Allen, ready to roll? :whistle:

Comment

A genuinely good day for Lord Justice Leveson too ....

Lord Justice Leveson has rebuffed the government by making clear it was not his inquiry's role to rule if the culture secretary, Jeremy Hunt, has breached the ministerial code by his handling of the News Corp bid for BSkyB.

Rebuff raises pressure on Cameron to instigate inquiry into whether culture secretary breached ministerial code over BSkyB

:ok::ok::smiley:

Comment

Fancy a job on BBC NEWS 24, amsey ... ? :whistle::winkeye:

Comment

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
                          Fancy a job on BBC NEWS 24, amsey ... ? :whistle::winkeye:
                          Just keeping the good folks of FoR3 up-to-date, scotty :smiley::winkeye:

Comment

Amateur, are you OK? It's been nearly 24 hours since you last contributed to either of the Murdoch threads. I'm rather afraid you might have been taken ill.

http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/smile...ill-927533.gif
                            Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

Mr Pee, I hope like me you're looking forward to "Capricchio" from the Met with Renée Fleming tomorrow.:devil:

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Tarleton View Post
                                Mr Pee, I hope like me you're looking forward to "Capricchio" from the Met with Renée Fleming tomorrow.:devil:
                                I certainly am.

:ok: :bubbly:

Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                                X