X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
    Good to see him in his true colours, Flossie - many thanks :ok::ale:
    Yes, I see he doesn't much like the 'Toffs' either ... :laugh:

Seriously, isn't it strange that the apparently confused, 'humble' old man who appeared before that Select Committee suddenly knows how to twitter 'n' tweet with the best of 'em ... ?

Comment

I see he doesn't much like the 'Toffs' either ...

that's just bluff scotty celt - murdoch loves toffs to bits, and emulates all their very worst habits to this day. murdoch's mother, when shortly due to marry her husband at 19 yrs of age, was given an enormous mock colonial style mansion as an engagement gift by rup's dad. there are endless examples of rupert emulating titled people of olde.... in the family tradition.

he just finds it more useful as a news/media oligarch to maintain a pretense that he's 'all for the man in the street' ...if you think about it, murdoch wouldn't have the readership/viewers he does, if he didn't.

tbh rupert's first wife reminds me very much of lady di, (though his latest doesn't, though as a media mogul herself, she's hardly 'the girl next door' either is she)!? however, i am mildly suspicious of younger women who marry octogenarians to be perfectly honest!!

anyway, mobile phone theft-wise - it's hardly 'surprising news' this is it!! ....or alternatively we're just getting too used to the way things (used to)? operate to feel shock any longer? though congrats are due, on a high court securing a temporary injunction on 'the sun'. :ok::bubbly::mistletoe: the very first hint of christmas is upon us already! :biggrin:

Comment

The very first word of the second paragraph of my post was an obviously vain attempt to indicate the basement level of 'seriousness' expressed in my first paragraph, handsome ... :whistle:

Comment

definitely 'a vain attempt' scotty!

imo it's as well to grasp every opportunity with both horns.... to emphasise the depth of the jolly jape that he's been pushing for decades here in the uk, via his tabloid influence. to this very day, his loyal supporters would rather believe he is what he claims - rather than admit that the leveson inquiry has revealed some pretty arrogant and revolting behaviour...fit for a scheming, demented king a couple of hundred years ago. his remaining supporters also prefer to believe that he genuinely likes brits, has their interests at heart, and lives in the uk 'when ever he can'. murdoch is just 'a victim of envy' apparently ....as if!! :laugh:

it will hopefully make great comedy one day!

Comment

News International Phone-hacking Update:

Rebekah Brooks, the former chief executive of News International and Andy Coulson, the Prime Minister’s former director of communications, will be charged with illegally paying officials for information, the Crown Prosecution Service announced. 11:13AM GMT 20 Nov 2012

Rebekah Brooks, the former chief executive of News International and Andy Coulson, the Prime Minister’s former director of communications, will be charged with illegally paying officials for information, the Crown Prosecution Service announced today.

Comment

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
              Yes, I see he doesn't much like the 'Toffs' either ... :laugh:

Seriously, isn't it strange that the apparently confused, 'humble' old man who appeared before that Select Committee suddenly knows how to twitter 'n' tweet with the best of 'em ... ?
              So obsessed with tweeting is Murdoch that according to Dame Sylvie Krin in Private Eye, the dirty digger's almond eyed inamorata has been forced to confiscate his mobile phone!

( see the current issue )

Comment

Originally posted by Ferretfancy View Post
                So obsessed with tweeting is Murdoch that according to Dame Sylvie Krin in Private Eye, the dirty digger's almond eyed inamorata has been forced to confiscate his mobile phone!

( see the current issue )
                :laugh:

Comment

Well since last this was discussed The Dirty Digger appears to have done the dirty on the very person who took the foam pie for him

But now there is more bad news from across the pond ...

A former stunt double for Angelina Jolie sues News Corp in the US, accusing the company of hacking into her phone to gain information about the star.

:yikes::smiley:

Comment

MPs want to question Rupert Murdoch about comments he is said to have made about the police probe into allegations of corrupt payments by journalists.

Mr Murdoch was secretly recorded by Channel 4 news and the Exaro news agency appearing to criticise the police and defending his journalists who have been accused of such payments.

The cross-party culture committee has voted to ask the News Corp boss to reappear before it.

Rupert Murdoch says he "welcomes" the chance to face MPs over comments he allegedly made about a police probe into corrupt payments by journalists.

The BBC's media correspondent David Sillito said the MPs believed there were contradictions between the apparent contents of the recording and Mr Murdoch's evidence to them that they wanted to explore.

Comment

MPs want to question Rupert Murdoch about comments he is said to have made about the police probe into allegations of corrupt payments by journalists.

Mr Murdoch was secretly recorded by Channel 4 news and the Exaro news agency appearing to criticise the police and defending his journalists who have been accused of such payments.

The cross-party culture committee has voted to ask the News Corp boss to reappear before it.

Rupert Murdoch says he "welcomes" the chance to face MPs over comments he allegedly made about a police probe into corrupt payments by journalists.

The BBC's media correspondent David Sillito said the MPs believed there were contradictions between the apparent contents of the recording and Mr Murdoch's evidence to them that they wanted to explore.
                      Thanks once again to the Amsy51 news service for updating us on this earth-shattering piece of trivia.
                      Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
                        Thanks once again to the Amsy51 news service for updating us on this earth-shattering piece of trivia.
                        It really gets to you, doesn't it Mr Pee that someone you gladly pay money to is such an unpleasant human being.

Can you explain why you describe this development as a piece of trivia, please?
                        Last edited by Guest; 09-07-13, 20:40. Reason: second para

Comment

It really gets to you, doesn't it Mr Pee that someone you gladly pay money to is such an unpleasant human being.

Can you explain why you describe this development as a piece of trivia, please?
                          It's been well over four hours since you gave us this fascinating update and mine has been the only comment. And the previous post on this thread was back in June, by....guess who. Doesn't that tell you something?

I am sure that a lot of people I pay money to are unpleasant human beings, however that doesn't "get to me" in the slightest as long as they provide a product that meets my needs.

I am quite certain that if you examined every company and individual that you pay money to you might find some unpleasant people. That's life, matey.
                          Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

I'm surprised (not) that you believe that corruption of a group of people who should demonstrate the utmost probity and respect for the law is a 'trivial' matter.

Comment

It's been well over four hours since you gave us this fascinating update and mine has been the only comment. And the previous post on this thread was back in June, by....guess who. Doesn't that tell you something?

I am sure that a lot of people I pay money to are unpleasant human beings, however that doesn't "get to me" in the slightest as long as they provide a product that meets my needs.

I am quite certain that if you examined every company and individual that you pay money to you might find some unpleasant people. That's life, matey.
                              Is it also some kind of excuse to break the law? Being unpleasant is one thing; breaking the law is, more often than not, quite another. Newscorp certainly has no monopoly on corrupt practice - of that there can indeed be no doubt - but the law is the law, even when on occasion it might also be an ass; wilful official turning of blind eyes and deaf ears to breaches of the law is hardly the mark of a democratic society in practice, is it?

Comment

May I contribute that any threads here which I personally find 'trivial' or uninteresting I don't even bother to read, still less offer regular comments on how trivial and uninteresting they are ...
                                It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Working...
                                X