No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leveson Report

well that self important little sh1t Gove knows what he thinks eh
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

What an arrogant twerp :erm:

Of course he's baiting the judge, being a former employee of Rupert Murdoch, he knows on which side his bread's buttered :whistle:

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
      ...being a former employee of Rupert Murdoch...
      would you place your kids' education in his hands? - Murdoch's empire also extends to schools

Comment

Originally posted by Frances_iom View Post
        would you place your kids' education in his hands? - Murdoch's empire also extends to schools
        Not being a parent, the question's a tad academic but I certainly don't trust the education of anyone's children in the hands of this Dark Ages enthusiast :oh:

Comment

We have an expression in Scotland for Gove and people like him - wee nyaff.

(pronounced in one syllable, 'y' as in yellow, just the way it looks.)

Comment

Originally posted by mangerton View Post
            We have an expression in Scotland for Gove and people like him - wee nyaff.

(pronounced in one syllable, 'y' as in yellow, just the way it looks.)
            I like it! :ok::biggrin:

Comment

Good to read a thread full of such erudite and reasoned comments on a major issue of the day...

:erm:

Comment

Originally posted by Simon View Post
                Good to read a thread full of such erudite and reasoned comments on a major issue of the day...

Excellent! I'm so glad it meets with your approval.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon View Post

oh stuff and etc Simon .... it is a reply in kind to that self important little sh1t

we will give the report when published a far more considered reception ...
                  According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

First Gove and now Hunt - they're rattled, they want to frame the response to Leveson on their terms. Next week's publication of the report will be very interesting.

Jeremy Hunt suggests Nicky Campbell is showing "salacious interest" in asking him about David Cameron's texts with Rebekah Brooks.

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                      First Gove and now Hunt - they're rattled, they want to frame the response to Leveson on their terms. Next week's publication of the report will be very interesting.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20464507
                      Yes, why so rattled? It seems a very defensive posture for Hunt to take, as well as pre-emptive.

Comment

watched the documentary made with/by Hacked Off and Hugh Grant last night .... it is striking just how personally loathsome all the Free Speechers are, Messrs Hunts Goves Dacres etc, not at all likeable eh?

i find myself surprised at my admiration for the tenacity, intelligence, and integrity of Hugh Grant's contribution to this cause ...

Comment

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
                          watched the documentary made with/by Hacked Off and Hugh Grant last night .... it is striking just how personally loathsome all the Free Speechers are, Messrs Hunts Goves Dacres etc, not at all likeable eh?

i find myself surprised at my admiration for the tenacity, intelligence, and integrity of Hugh Grant's contribution to this cause ...
                          ...and don't you feel for all those celebrities who weren't important enough to be hacked!

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                            ...and don't you feel for all those celebrities who weren't important enough to be hacked!
                            Not sure if or what you're implying by that, cloughie, but I too saw the programme and was as impressed as at the hearing by Grant's determination as unimpressed by the often smarmy evasiveness of the free speech apologists. Funny isn't it that it is largely the right that disfavours any form of control, when it disproportionately adversely affects those without the readies to sue against misrepresentation and privacy violations, never their own class.

Now we wait to see if Cameron will give the press yet another chance...

Comment

An interesting little play - 'Two Minutes Hate' (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01p0sb7) on Radio 4 this afternoon, about dubious tabloid journalism, taking in allusions to the Soham case and the campaign for householders to be able to shoot intruders. A coincidence that it is broadcast on the day that the Leveson report is published?

(note - I've also posted this as a new thread on the 'Radio 3 arts' forum)

Comment

Working...
                              X