Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not so harmless

A UKIP candidate who called for an NHS review to look at compulsory abortion of foetuses with Down's syndrome or spina bifida is suspended.

some people think that folk like this should be in positions of power :yikes:

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-20773800

some people think that folk like this should be in positions of power :yikes:
    He says that he is trying to provoke a debate.
    There are some thing that just don't need debating.
    If only idiots like this were confined to UKIP......
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Sadly , according to some young disabled people I know, views like this are far from rare these days and people are more open about expressing them in public.
      In spite of all the rhetoric about "heroic" paralympians large numbers of people think like this horrible man. :sadface:

Comment

He says that he "promises to promote the Christian ethic". How does compulsory abortion & killing people because they are over 80 fit in with that?

Comment

Odious views of an odious man swathed in the respectability of Christian values. Let's hope that the good burghers of Kent give him short shrift at the ballot box, UKIP or not :ok:

Comment

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
            He says that he "promises to promote the Christian ethic". How does compulsory abortion & killing people because they are over 80 fit in with that?
            Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
            Odious views of an odious man swathed in the respectability of Christian values. Let's hope that the good burghers of Kent give him short shrift at the ballot box, UKIP or not :ok:
            It seems to me to have come straight from the eugenics-nazism mindset, something I thought was safely past. Appalling.

Comment

Unbelievably obnoxious - has this smug poisonous little shite learnt nothing from history?

In a way, I'm glad he's made his views public: it will give the voters of Kent the opportunity to let him and any like-minded freaks know exactly the level of contempt with which these "ideas" (to grace them with entirely the wrong word) are held by real people.
              [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                Unbelievably obnoxious - has this smug poisonous little shite learnt nothing from history?

In a way, I'm glad he's made his views public: it will give the voters of Kent the opportunity to let him and any like-minded freaks know exactly the level of contempt with which these "ideas" (to grace them with entirely the wrong word) are held by real people.
                Agreed. It is evident, however, that UKIP has lost no time in distancing itself from this (although it would be hard to imagine what alternative was open to it); it is likewise evident that this person - who has quite clearly demonstrated himself to be unfit for public office of any kind - is prepared both to prioritise certain of his own views above those enshrined in UKIP policy and to disregard any conflicts between them.

Comment

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
                  Agreed. It is evident, however, that UKIP has lost no time in distancing itself from this .
                  I'm sure there are plenty more like him in the kipper camp

Comment

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
                    I'm sure there are plenty more like him in the kipper camp
                    Sadly, there are almost certainly some others like him in all camps and none; that, however, doesn't confer their stances upon such camps...

Comment

Sadly, there are almost certainly some others like him in all camps and none; that, however, doesn't confer their stances upon such camps...
                      and there are great dangers in not recognising the thin ends of the various wedges.
                      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                        and there are great dangers in not recognising the thin ends of the various wedges.
                        Indeed, but recognising them for what they are need not and indeed should not preclude similar recognition of where those wedges and their thin and thick ends are and by whom they are appropriately rejected...

Comment

Indeed, but recognising them for what they are need not and indeed should not preclude similar recognition of where those wedges and their thin and thick ends are and by whom they are appropriately rejected...
                          yes indeed.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/s...onfused005.gif

Comment

The good news is that it isn't too late for him to do National Service. Afghanistan perhaps? I am always stunned by just how many well-off politicians claim to be staunch Christians. The average attendance at the Christian Union in my school of 850 was less than 10. While I respect some genuine Christians, there are a lot of fake ones around. Most people don't change that radically.
                            Last edited by Guest; 19-12-12, 15:01.

Comment

Agreed. It is evident, however, that UKIP has lost no time in distancing itself from this (although it would be hard to imagine what alternative was open to it);
                              Their distancing themselves was, as you say, unavoidable but I suspect that they will still be quite happy if it has gained them a few more votes.
                              See Monday's Indie

Comment

Working...
                              X