• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rolmill
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
    Inconsequential twaddle
    "House Rules

Please treat other members respectfully, even/especially if you disagree with what they are saying; and please do not start topics or post messages which are designed to be provocative..."

It seems to be a favourite quote of yours, so I'm not sure why you consider yourself exempt from this rule?

Ironic, given that Simon is actually right on this (very minor) point: you misinterpreted his original post 200 (which admittedly could have been phrased less ambiguously) and the two of you have been talking at cross-purposes since.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Rolmill View Post
      "House Rules

Please treat other members respectfully, even/especially if you disagree with what they are saying; and please do not start topics or post messages which are designed to be provocative..."

It seems to be a favourite quote of yours, so I'm not sure why you consider yourself exempt from this rule?

Ironic, given that Simon is actually right on this (very minor) point: you misinterpreted his original post 200 (which admittedly could have been phrased less ambiguously) and the two of you have been talking at cross-purposes since.
      I could argue that the twaddle was the content rather than the author but now you mention it .. :smiley:

I apologise if you were offended

Comment

• Rolmill
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
        I could argue that the twaddle was the content rather than the author but now you mention it .. :smiley:

I apologise if you were offended
        Not offended, just irritated - as my final para indicated, Simon wasn't (in this case) talking "twaddle". Anyway, isn't the rule designed to cover especially those instances where you disagree with the content?

No matter, I shall retire gracefully after my first (and undoubtedly inconsequential) dip into a political thread.

Comment

• Zucchini
          • Nov 2010

"The Contribution of the Arts & Culture to the Economy" commissioned by ACE from CEBR & published today:

and ACE's response:

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Zucchini View Post
            Bland and non-commital.

Comment

• handsomefortune

congratulations for prompting an interesting read, and very relevant thread serial apologist! :ok: (what subject could be more relevant to this particular forum)?

i agree that the ace response is extremely bland and non commital.

i agree with tevot's post (up thread somewhere), and also hope that lots of people browse this thread and responses to miller's 'demands'... !
              Last edited by Guest; 09-05-13, 20:41.

Comment

Working...
              X