Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Resurrection Man View Post
    I'm curious why some folk get so vexed about this perceived breach of privacy when most websites liberally distribute details of your web activity to third-parties. Amongst these websites, one of the most prolific in terms of giving out your details to all and sundry is that well-known bastion of accurate and unbiased reporting...especially vis a vis privacy....the Guardian.
    Then may I satisfy your curiosity? In my view, websites that do this without the agreement of users is just as impartant a matter as the kind of privacy breach under discussion here; two wrongs therefore do not make a right. Those users who publish their details on social networking sites and have those sites likewise distribute the data that those users supply may be yet another example of this issue but a quite different one, since the user does not have to supply such data for publication on such sites so, if they don;t like what happens to their data, they really have only themslves to blame for supplying that data for publication on those sites.

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
      Have you pondered the difference between a national newspaper and a democratically elected government that wages war around the world in countries that do not match its 'standards' on governance & democracy?
      Would it make a material difference to his observations if he had?

Comment

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
        Would it make a material difference to his observations if he had?
        I'd certainly hope so ... but you never can tell

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
          I'd certainly hope so ... but you never can tell
          I cannot, indeed - but he could if he so wished!...

Comment

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
            I cannot, indeed - but he could if he so wished!...
            Now you're counselling perfection! :biggrin:

Comment

Working...
            X