Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Quality

From this report on air quality, and associated health problems - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-23231194 we read

The government has already admitted that in 15 regions, air quality will breach EU limits until 2020.
    The BBC news report does not take this further. Surely it should be possible to identify the 15 regions of concern!

this seems to date back to a case brought by Client Earth earlier this year who identity the places as

"Defra’s plans project that compliance with nitrogen dioxide limits will not be achieved until as late as 2025 in Greater London and 2020 in the following: West Midlands Urban Area, Greater Manchester, West Yorkshire, Teeside, The Potteries, Kingston Upon Hull, Southampton, Glasgow, Eastern England, South East England, East Midlands, North West & Merseyside, Yorkshire & Humberside, West Midlands and North East England"

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
      this seems to date back to a case brought by Client Earth earlier this year who identity the places as

"Defra’s plans project that compliance with nitrogen dioxide limits will not be achieved until as late as 2025 in Greater London and 2020 in the following: West Midlands Urban Area, Greater Manchester, West Yorkshire, Teeside, The Potteries, Kingston Upon Hull, Southampton, Glasgow, Eastern England, South East England, East Midlands, North West & Merseyside, Yorkshire & Humberside, West Midlands and North East England"

http://www.clientearth.org/201305012...tion-laws-2170
      That's a rather substantial coverage of some [most?] of the more populated areas!

Comment

The BBC report has been updated (concentrating on London, naturally) The North Circular at Walthamstow comes out top, not surprisingly Oxford Street is listed together with Brompton Road.
        The North Circular is named London's most polluted road in a study carried out for London's mayor.

Comment

Just catching up with this now. BBC Scotland ran an article on this in February. I was not overjoyed to read that I live on one of Scotland's ten most polluted streets, and interestingly the measuring device (metal, about 6 feet high, embedded on a concrete base) sits on the pavement about ten yards from my door.

On the bright side, I'm still here and I can still breathe!

Comment

Working...
          X