Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... the General Election campaign has started .... or New Boots for May

..she does like her footwear, must now be getting several pairs of very high heeled jackboots .... is she campaigning for Fuhrer again? or has she started the election campaign .... is the Coalition dead yet?

this is truly appalling; i feel the shock, disgust and disgrace of those who saw it from just reading about it ....
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
    this is truly appalling; i feel the shock, disgust and disgrace of those who saw it from just reading about it ....
    Calum, you may be interested in this current consultation on the Stop-and-Search law, a law that has been imo absolutely disastrous for public order and community relations and has contributed to numerous explosive situations. In my view, the authority to stop and search should be primarily intelligence-driven and not on mere groundless suspicion, with the onus on the police to show that there were reasonable grounds to suspect a crime had been or was being committed (and the ability on the part of the searched person to challenge that the grounds were reasonable).

Comment

Surely the authorities can think of better measures to deal with people who are illegally in Britain and must leave?

This approach will cause stress to innocent people and is highly invidious.

Comment

It's probably not a good idea to be an otherwise healthy black man in a police station under restraint. In spite of numerous deaths due to this, no police officer has yet been punished. I have black friends who have lost count of the number of times they have been stopped by police for no reason whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferretfancy View Post
          It's probably not a good idea to be an otherwise healthy black man in a police station under restraint. In spite of numerous deaths due to this, no police officer has yet been punished. I have black friends who have lost count of the number of times they have been stopped by police for no reason whatsoever.
          With the arrival of Jenny Jones and Doreen Lawrence into the House of Lords the institution's knowledge of policing in London is raised and widened considerably, counterbalancing to some extent their noble Lordships the former Met Chief Commissioners Lords Imbert, Condon and Blair.

Comment

Originally posted by KipperKid View Post
            Surely the authorities can think of better measures to deal with people who are illegally in Britain and must leave?

This approach will cause stress to innocent people and is highly invidious.
            Well, you could certainly be forgiven for assuming that at least they ought to, but the evidence would appear to suggest otherwise; the fact that this is hardly surprising, however, ought to be obvious in the light of the massive Border Agency backlog alone.

The principal point at issue here, however, is the evidently widespread targeting of non-white people in this; yes, a Ukrainian woman has been mentioned in this contaxt and one might assume her to be white, but this instance appears to be something of an exception, so we are therefore not only considering the matter of illegal immigration per se but the manner in which certain authorities treat certain people in Britain regardless of whether they are known to be there illegally or known criminals and all too often purely on the grounds of the colour of their skin.

Comment

Britain is now following the EU insurance lead!

Just because most people who are illegally in Britain are non-white, the authorities almost think it's reasonable to view ........blah, blah, blah, blah.

The country's going potty!

Comment

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
                Well, you could certainly be forgiven for assuming that at least they ought to, but the evidence would appear to suggest otherwise; the fact that this is hardly surprising, however, ought to be obvious in the light of the massive Border Agency backlog alone.

The principal point at issue here, however, is the evidently widespread targeting of non-white people in this; yes, a Ukrainian woman has been mentioned in this contaxt and one might assume her to be white, but this instance appears to be something of an exception, so we are therefore not only considering the matter of illegal immigration per se but the manner in which certain authorities treat certain people in Britain regardless of whether they are known to be there illegally or known criminals and all too often purely on the grounds of the colour of their skin.
                I'm just waiting for the news to break of a Cabinet member whose housekeeper turns out to be an illegal immigrant who is being paid cash and who is now selling his/her story to the Daily Wail in an attempt to avoid extradition.

Comment

Originally posted by ahinton View Post

Lots of negative reaction to the 'vans of hate' ...

The Unite union seeks legal advice about whether the Home Office "incited racial hatred" by using vans to encourage illegal immigrants to "go home".

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                    With the arrival of Jenny Jones and Doreen Lawrence into the House of Lords the institution's knowledge of policing in London is raised and widened considerably...
                    And Brian Paddick?

Don't forget him!

Comment

Originally posted by jean View Post
                      And Brian Paddick?

Don't forget him!
                      I try jean, goodness knows I try ... but you're right. And Brian Paddick.

It's just that I see the other two as having been .. what's the word? .. effective. Brian's never been elected to anything, always coming way down the list, always easily blown off-course by shirty interviewers and beastly commanders.

Later: In my opinion he allowed the de Menezes affair to drift too long and allowed the Met to get its story 'right'. He ciould have done some good but by being too meek or too nice, he got steam-rollered. I can understand where that comes from too. I realise that I may be criticising myself just as much as I'm criticisng BP here.
                      Last edited by Guest; 02-08-13, 14:52. Reason: later thoughts

Comment

Working...
                      X