X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ahinton
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
    Another nail in Cameron's coffin if the Tory Party ever decides to punish him for 'gay marriage' AND women Bishops.
    Do you think that it might ever punish him for gay women bishops?
    Last edited by ahinton; 15-07-14, 10:38.

Comment

• french frank
      Administrator/Moderator
      • Feb 2007

Pity the reshuffle has dominated the publicity.
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• ahinton
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
        Has it really, though?

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by french frank View Post
          Wouldn't it be marvellous if a woman minister started the debate about disestablishing the Church of England :wishfulthinkingwotsit:

Comment

• ahinton
            • Nov 2010

Wouldn't it be marvellous if a woman minister started the debate about disestablishing the Church of England :wishfulthinkingwotsit:
            Yes, although it wouldn't be so bad if a minister of either gender did so!

That said, what chance do you think there might be of a change in the relationship between the Parliament of an independent Scotland and the Church of Scotland following independence?

Comment

• amateur51

Well their Eminences etc have finally done it - voted in favour of women Bishops in England!

Mind, it did take twenty years ...

The Church of England formally adopts legislation which means its first female bishops could be ordained next year.

Let's hope it marks a radical transformation of the Anglican church, including disestablishment, of course.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                • Dec 2010

Well their Eminences etc have finally done it - voted in favour of women Bishops in England!

The Church of England formally adopts legislation which means its first female bishops could be ordained next year.

Let's hope it marks a radical transformation of the Anglican church, including disestablishment, of course.
                Hmm.

I have to say, the message is wrong, whoever is putting it across.

We once welcomed women into the armed forces; I now have my doubts - it just doubles the number of people recruited or offering themselves up for slaughter/slaughtering. Wasn't it Germaine Greer said, "Feminism isn't about wanting women fighting men's wars, or fighting their way up male hierarchies to be ceo's"?
                Last edited by Serial_Apologist; 19-11-14, 16:33.

Comment

• P. G. Tipps
                  • Jun 2014

Goodness me, amateur51, the radical transformation seems to be already well-established (excuse the foul language) and I didn't know there were now Catholic or Orthodox bishops in the C of E ... my, all this ecumenism is certainly moving apace!

Don't we learn so much on this forum ...?

Comment

• visualnickmos
                    • Nov 2010

I hope so, too.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by visualnickmos View Post
                      I hope so, too.
                      One of the oft-put arguments for women priests was that of a new, more compassionate and less narrowminded Christian doctrine being put forward. Is there any evidence of this? I have to say I have not seen any as yet.

Comment

• P. G. Tipps
                        • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                        One of the oft-put arguments for women priests was that of a new, more compassionate and less narrowminded Christian doctrine being put forward. Is there any evidence of this? I have to say I have not seen any as yet.
                        Neither have I ... maybe the problem here is that the C of E doesn't need just women bishops but gay women bishops, then everything will be just fine?

Comment

• visualnickmos
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                          No evidence as yet, as you say. Unlikely to materialise, either....

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by P. G. Tipps View Post
                            Neither have I ... maybe the problem here is that the C of E doesn't need just women bishops but gay women bishops, then everything will be just fine?
                            Oh dear, low even by your standards scotty.

Comment

• P. G. Tipps
                              • Jun 2014

Oh dear, low even by your standards scotty.
                              What?!!

You are that unenthusiastic about the idea, then, scotty ... ?

Remarkable.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by P. G. Tipps View Post
                                What?!!

You are that unenthusiastic about the idea, then, scotty ... ?

Remarkable.
                                Healey's Law of Holes applies.

Comment

Working...
                                X