Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trenton Oldfield Social Justice and Boat Racing

I know what he did was incredibly annoying to many people; but deporting him and breaking up his family is a rather nasty thing for us to do. The vitriol poured on his head used to be poured on suffragettes campaigning for the vote. We should be able to absorb and tolerate dissent and recognise that justice has already been served with a prison sentence. If he is deported the UK will be the poorer for doing it.

With the result of his appeal against a deportation order imminent, he tells Archie Bland why it could leave him thousands of miles away from his wife and child
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Oh dear, I do despair of those who run this tight-*rsed vengeful, ignorant country sometimes.

He's been clipped around the ear, leave him and his family alone.

Sadly, it all fits in rather nicely to the theme of this thread too - we can expect more of this sort of thing ...

Last edited by Guest; 30-11-13, 12:57. Reason: Include the link!!

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
      Oh dear, I do despair of those who run this tight-*rsed vengeful, ignorant country sometimes.

He's been clipped around the ear, leave him and his family alone.

Sadly, it all fits in rather nicely to the theme of this thread too - we can expect more of this sort of thing ...

http://www.for3.org/forums/showthrea...ree-expression
      ....Yes Am51 my feeling too....unfortunately (ref other ASBO thread)....I can't face reading up on it , and so being informed enough to reply....more twisting and turning, while ignoring the general causes of these problems ....<sat with head in hands and sighing>
      bong ching

Comment

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
        ....Yes Am51 my feeling too....unfortunately (ref other ASBO thread)....I can't face reading up on it , and so being informed enough to reply....more twisting and turning, while ignoring the general causes of these problems ....<sat with head in hands and sighing>
        <Passes a fresh coffee and opened packet of jaffa cakes>.

Comment

<No jaffa cakes; pre-seasonal diet innit>

seems that we have had a really bad run of control freaks [Blair Brown et al and DC NC May et al] passing awful laws that let proper jobsworths graduate to little hitlers without a moments thought or difficulty
          According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
            <No jaffa cakes; pre-seasonal diet innit>

seems that we have had a really bad run of control freaks [Blair Brown et al and DC NC May et al] passing awful laws that let proper jobsworths graduate to little hitlers without a moments thought or difficulty
            <snarfs jaffa cakes cos they're lo-fat, innit>

The Press largely went bonkers over Leveson's thoughts on regulating them but I don't see much alarum about this piece of legislation.

Passivity, complacency, resignation. <yawn>

Comment

<snarfs jaffa cakes cos they're lo-fat, innit>
              damn you mean i could have, how to say, augmented breakfast?

Comment

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
                damn you mean i could have, how to say, augmented breakfast?
                ....Elevenes, before metaphorical one minute to midnight??.... <wishing bacon sarnie + egg would just materialise>....
                bong ching

Comment

That is so harsh. (No, not the jaffa cakes being declined!) But it's a total nonsense, how come certain convicted rapists, terrorists, etc., can plead human rights to a life with family and are not able to be deported yet this Australian is liable to be ejected from the UK? No, the whole thing is a total nonsense, I'm sure common sense will prevail.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                    the whole thing is a total nonsense, I'm sure common sense will prevail.
                    I'm not sure at all
                    If people can be imprisoned for saying "hey folks lets have a riot in Nutsford" on Facebook then i'm not sure "common sense" will prevail (whatever you mean by "common sense" ?) at all ..... :-(

Comment

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
                      I'm not sure at all
                      If people can be imprisoned for saying "hey folks lets have a riot in Nutsford" on Facebook then i'm not sure "common sense" will prevail (whatever you mean by "common sense" ?) at all ..... :-(
                      Doesn't Knutsford begin with a K? Or do you really mean Nutwood? <wink>

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                        oooops it always makes me think of Tina Turner :-)

I do mean K-nutsford

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                          Whatever he meant, social media is a very powerful tool nowadays, and to treat an incitement to riot via Twitter or Facebook as a trivial offence would be to create a dangerous precedent.
                          Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
                            Whatever he meant, social media is a very powerful tool nowadays, and to treat an incitement to riot via Twitter or Facebook as a trivial offence would be to create a dangerous precedent.
                            but what powerful, influential rich Boris is doing, using mainstream media, is just fine?
                            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                              but what powerful, influential rich Boris is doing, using mainstream media, is just fine?
                              Are you suggesting that politicians using mainstream media- or at least, presumably, the politicians you don't like- is the same as some yob trying to organise a riot via Facebook?

Crikey.
                              Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                              X