Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunt is at it again

Having twice tried to close Lewisham Hospital's A&E Dept and having twicve been tiold by a court that what he is proposing is illegal, Secretary of State for Health Jeremy Hunt is now trying to create a new law to enable him to push this through.

A petition has been set up by 38 degrees who have previously successfully organised citizen protests against his plans

Recently, Jeremy Hunt lost his appeal against closing Lewisham Accident and Emergency. The law that protected it would be removed if Clause 118 passes. The Clause will allow the government to close or downgrade any hospital in the country, with barely any consultation of local people, if there is a Trust in financial difficulties anywhere nearby. They will be able to appoint an administrator to one Trust who will be able to take decisions to fast-track the closure of hospitals in another...

Please consider signing this if you feel that the cause is worthwhile.
    Last edited by Guest; 02-12-13, 18:19. Reason: spell Hunt's name right

Like many who signed the original petition introduced to this forum I now get regular missals from them by email. I know - I could just cancel the "sub"; but some of the causes are worthwhile and if you're like me, you need your conscience twigged from time to time; and this is one such. What really needs to be happening though is for the unions to inaugurate civil disobedience in areas of crazily unjustified Treasury-dictated measures such as this - defending workers threatened with disciplinary action for refusing to carry out ordures (sic). It would be a helpful back-up if Joe Public would mass in large numbers around the departments concerned, as is happening as of now against the government in Ukraine, and stopping compliant employees implementing cuts etc by not allowing them into their offices. It's high time new forms of action tantamount to a dual power challenge to the overweening state were devised, making full use of new technology the way the capitalist class does when it switches currencies at a keyboard's touch to blackmail a radical government (if anyone can remember what that is) into capitulating to their power. The example of hacking, thus far used only to prove oneself an irritant, comes most immediately to mind. We need alternative, new strategies to replace the strikes of old, which only ever alienated the rest of the public, we really do.

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
      Like many who signed the original petition introduced to this forum I now get regular missals from them by email. I know - I could just cancel the "sub"; but some of the causes are worthwhile and if you're like me, you need your conscience twigged from time to time; and this is one such. What really needs to be happening though is for the unions to inaugurate civil disobedience in areas of crazily unjustified Treasury-dictated measures such as this - defending workers threatened with disciplinary action for refusing to carry out ordures (sic). It would be a helpful back-up if Joe Public would mass in large numbers around the departments concerned, as is happening as of now against the government in Ukraine, and stopping compliant employees implementing cuts etc by not allowing them into their offices. It's high time new forms of action tantamount to a dual power challenge to the overweening state were devised, making full use of new technology the way the capitalist class does when it switches currencies at a keyboard's touch to blackmail a radical government (if anyone can remember what that is) into capitulating to their power. The example of hacking, thus far used only to prove oneself an irritant, comes most immediately to mind. We need alternative, new strategies to replace the strikes of old, which only ever alienated the rest of the public, we really do.
      Outstanding post, S_A - this non-smoking is clearly doing you a power of good!

Please come back to these thoughts when you've formulated something ... concrete?

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
        Outstanding post, S_A - this non-smoking is clearly doing you a power of good!

Please come back to these thoughts when you've formulated something ... concrete?
        Something concrete could be construed as an offensive weapon!

Comment

Concrete takes several days to turn from 'green' to a material with a decent fused state....a chemical reaction continues for some weeks afterward....I'd say S-A has some time before needing to deliver a concrete conglomeration....

....HUNT is a mendacious little rat ....
          bong ching

Comment

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
            Concrete takes several days to turn from 'green' to a material with a decent fused state....a chemical reaction continues for some weeks afterward....I'd say S-A has some time before needing to deliver a concrete conglomeration....

....HUNT is a mendacious little rat ....
            A cunning, calculating, devious, mendacious little rat, I'd say eighth.

Does the term 'hunt sabateur' apply?

Comment

Working...
            X