Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wisdom of Mr. Gove.

'Teachers can dispense "tough but proportionate" punishments to tackle bad behaviour in schools, Education Secretary Michael Gove has said.
    Possible sanctions include weeding school grounds, tidying classrooms, writing lines and reporting to the school gates early in the morning.'
    (BBC news website)

Ah, the voice of experience. Or was that 'void'?

they don't sound particularly tough punishments to me, but perhaps the word has changed its meaning

Comment

Perhaps errant pupils [as they once were] could be given copies of Mr Gove's speeches to read, or better - if you're him - to memorise...

Comment

Teachers can already dispense "tough but proportionate punishments". But I like muzzer's suggestion. :winkeye:

(This thread might well migrate to the Politics forum.)

Comment

Mr Gove was extraordinarily arrogant. Painfully arrogant. He believed that he knew how everything should be done. He believed that everyone else in the world was stupid and ignorant. The problem wa…

The acute sensitivity of some of the delicate flowers in here prevents me from saying what I think about this man

Comment

Me too. I'm a host and have to set a good example. :whistle:

Comment

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
              Me too. I'm a host and have to set a good example. :whistle:
              So i'm off for a long walk in the sun
              to curse and splutter while kicking the dried horse turds on the common and imagining.......

:biggrin:

Comment

(This thread might well migrate to the Politics forum.)
                It really should have started there - there are threads there rather less political than this one :whistle:

Comment

An ambitious vote-loser, IMO.

Comment

What would be suitable punishment ?

I had to complete a certain number of words in' The Telegraph ' crossword. Very useful & enjoyable. Get the required minimum ( which I now forget ) & you can go home.

Comment

"The wisdom of Mr Gove". I read that this morning, and thought, "That'll be a short thread, then". But this will be the tenth reply, as I feel that I too have to make my views clear.

But like Messrs GG and EA, I'll be good, and leave my thoughts to your imagination. :yikes:

Comment

Perhaps there should be a companion thread - 'The wit of Mr Gove'. That would definitely be a short one!

Comment

I doubt whether the words "wisdom" and "Mr Gove" should appear in the same sentence, particular in view of his blatently political move over the already partisan Ofsted.

Comment

It wouldn't be so bad if he was the only one, but there are many others who I'll refrain from naming. We all have our lists, I just hope the prison wall is wide enough for them to form a single row blindfolded in front of the militia for mine.

Comment

I doubt whether the words "wisdom" and "Mr Gove" should appear in the same sentence, particular in view of his blatently political move over the already partisan Ofsted.
                              I've come to a pretty pass to find myself having to defend a Labour (disap)peer. :blush::steam:

Comment

Working...
                              X