• Show
Clear All
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

political typology survey

here

i came out 100% Contemporary Critic [for which i am far too aged!]
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.
  • amateur51

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
    here

Likewise Calum. We should stick together, lest we become a persecuted minority ;D

Comment

• french frank
      Administrator/Moderator
      • Feb 2007

here

Did you mean Cosmopolitan Critic? I was predominantly that: "Are generally younger, more secular & single, urban-based voters. Usually highly educated, this group worries about growing inequality & the general direction the country is going in. More likely than other groups to be working in the public sector."
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
        Ex-member
        • Sep 2013

Here's a cut & paste of my results.

Probability of membership

Comfortable Nostalgia = 2%
        Hard-pressed Anxiety = 0%
        Cosmopolitan Critics = 0%
        Calm Persistence = 0%
        Optimistic Contentment = 98%
        Long-term Despair = 0%
        Main Segment = Optimistic Contentment

Confident & comfortable, they are more highly educated, of a higher social grade & have higher incomes than the other groups. They are patient, prudent & tolerant but also think Britain is a soft touch. They believe people can get on if they work hard & that too much is expected from government

Comment

• jean
          Late member
          • Nov 2010

I'm a cosmopolitan critic, too.

Comment

• teamsaint
            • Nov 2010

I failed.

oh well, a cosmopolitan reader, actually.
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
              Late member
              • Nov 2010

oh dear i am cosmopolitan and did not know it! think i prefer contemporary ....

yes Ams us critics should stick together! we are a persecuted minority ....

i am aged, live in the country, worked in business etc
              According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• french frank
                Administrator/Moderator
                • Feb 2007

i am aged, live in the country, worked in business etc
                As a cosmopolitan criitic - you are a fraud, sir!!!! Apart from being no longer young, I more or less fit the profile. But, if I remember, I was 64% cosmo critic, 24% optimistic contentment (like Beefy :-) ) - which I take to refer to personal circs, in my case having no family/children/grandchildren to worry about and being contented with my own lot. 12% calm persistence (oh, I think I know what that refers to :-D ).

One question which could excite an outcry on a Politics board was whether you saw it the duty of politicians to listen and do what people wanted, or whether they should do what they believe to be right, however unpopular ...
                It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                  Late member
                  • Nov 2010

you are a fraud, sir!!!!
                  Guilty! As Charged! Ma'am!

the survey omits the self interest and dishonesty so characteristic of the establishment and therefore lacks the "Gangster" from its typology ....

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post

One question which could excite an outcry on a Politics board was whether you saw it the duty of politicians to listen and do what people wanted, or whether they should do what they believe to be right, however unpopular ...
                    That and the question asking do governments help or hinder economic growth were definitely right spring-loaded. It depends on the government and the system over which it presides, objectively.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                      • Dec 2010

Guilty! As Charged! Ma'am!

the survey omits the self interest and dishonesty so characteristic of the establishment and therefore lacks the "Gangster" from its typology ....
                      Presumably the BBC will be consulting their "expertise" then, come the General Election.

Comment

• french frank
                        Administrator/Moderator
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                        That and the question asking do governments help or hinder economic growth were definitely right spring-loaded. It depends on the government and the system over which it presides, objectively.
                        To the extent that people might be influenced by current affairs - and, naturally, the answer depends on whether the government is doing what YOU approve of or what THEY approve of.

But I don't agree that, in general, the question is biased one way or the other. If the answer is, 'Well, it depends whether ...' it's more likely the respondent is biased, surely?

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                          To the extent that people might be influenced by current affairs - and, naturally, the answer depends on whether the government is doing what YOU approve of or what THEY approve of.

But I don't agree that, in general, the question is biased one way or the other. If the answer is, 'Well, it depends whether ...' it's more likely the respondent is biased, surely?
                          Surely the respondent seeking the wider impications of the question does not amount to bias, just inquisitiveness!

Comment

Working...
                          X