Could we have a "change to the advertised programming" thread?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could we have a "change to the advertised programming" thread?

Seems to me there have been more than the usual number of changes to scheduled artists and works this year - I was really confused listening back to "last Sunday's Prom" and trying to match it up with anything which had been in the schedule. Could we have a thread for collecting all the changes, rather than posting them under the individual Prom thread?

That would be useful, but I couldn't say how feasible it would be .

If someone's ill and a programme has ot be changed, it's a pity but usually uavoidable. What has infuriated me over the years, and this applies to TV as much as radio, is when I hear 'and now, in a change to the advertised programme...' and something I've been looking forward to for weeks is suddenly wiped out with no explanation or apology. The BBC have been notable offenders here, for example in their much criticised over-reaction to the deaths of The Duke of Edinburgh ad Princess Diana.

Comment

Originally posted by alywin View Post
      Seems to me there have been more than the usual number of changes to scheduled artists and works this year - I was really confused listening back to "last Sunday's Prom" and trying to match it up with anything which had been in the schedule. Could we have a thread for collecting all the changes, rather than posting them under the individual Prom thread?
      I've been doing something of the sort in my listings thread (latest post here), but I haven't caught up with the latest changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Slater View Post

I've been doing something of the sort in my listings thread (latest post here), but I haven't caught up with the latest changes.
        I've now updated the listing to version 5 to take into account the changes to Proms 30, 34 and 35, and listed the changes of which I am aware here.

Comment

Originally posted by smittims View Post
          What has infuriated me over the years, and this applies to TV as much as radio, is when I hear 'and now, in a change to the advertised programme...' and something I've been looking forward to for weeks is suddenly wiped out with no explanation or apology. The BBC have been notable offenders here, for example in their much criticised over-reaction to the deaths of The Duke of Edinburgh ad Princess Diana.
          Once, and only once, I heard the R3 announcer explain that the advertised concert had not been of broadcastable quality, and so another concert would be broadcast in its place. It wasn't explained whether the failure was of performance quality or recording quality. This was years ago, at least last century!

Comment

I've Known two or three occasions on 'Afternoon on 3' as it was then called, when a scheduled piece never appeared , and no explanation was given.

Comment

Does the BBC have a "cast changes" page? I couldn't immediately see one. I presume the RAH doesn't.

Comment

Working...
              X