Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smittims View Post
    This 'contact us...' 'we love to hear from you,,,' 'the number to text...' etc. has been wished on BBC radio presenters since they realised they were losing listeners to the 'social media' generation. 'Woman's Hour ' is peppered with it throughout the programme. '84844 izzanummat'tex' . Anita Rani says it so often and so quickly it has lost all meaning, like the mantra of some forgotten religion
    Then there are the ones publicising so-called comedy panel shows that give us a second of some pumped up celebrity dishing out his meaningless decontextualised punchline morsel obliterated of all sense by the din of its audience approval. We've long had these disconnected jigsaw pieces of course, but now they have come to take up more and more of the cultural space once peripheral to ones daily experience and therefore not worthy of note. But the ones that increasingly get to me are trailers that machine gun random sequences of micro-images from somebody's selection from totally unrelated programmes - real-life tragedies, comedies, celebrity back stories - in at the end of ad breaks, often to the point of de-coupling any scrambled voice-overs.

Comment

Have just turned on 'Breakfast' with Elizabeth Alker.
      Endless excitable gabble about 'The Last Night Of The Proms'.
      I turned it off.

JR

Comment

Originally posted by Jazzrook View Post
        I turned it off.

JR
        Switching to Today on Radio 4 would not have helped much.

Comment

The worst of it is that the end of the Proms won't be the end of the Proms adverts - there will now be the blanket exhortations to "listen again".

Comment

Too right!!

​​​​​​​

Comment

I turned it off.

JR
              Certainly seemed to be more gabble and trails than music!

Comment

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
                The worst of it is that the end of the Proms won't be the end of the Proms adverts - there will now be the blanket exhortations to "listen again".
                You were right!

JR

Comment

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
                  A whistlestop tour through some of the very best music from the 2023 Proms season.

Two hours of it! Don't miss it! :-)
                  My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

Originally posted by Pianorak View Post

A whistlestop tour through some of the very best music from the 2023 Proms season.

Two hours of it! Don't miss it! :-)
                    As if ...
                    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

The endless Proms propaganda from Radio 3 has been really oppressive this year.
                      Soon we'll have frequent announcements about the 'Christmas carol competition'.

JR
                      The announcements have started!

JR

Comment

Well, of course, that's understandable - Sainsbury's are already selling mince pies

Comment

Working...
                        X