Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anna View Post
    I was persuaded to buy a Mini once, because I was told it was trendy, actually it had a Mini Cooper engine, all the add ons, nice paint job, I never felt so unsafe and so low to the ground. I quickly sold it for, yes, a Renault! Boring!
    The Renault 5 Gordini wasn't. They then produced ever more outlandish variants, with the engine getting so large it ended up being placed in the rear. Heady days...

Comment

Originally posted by Simon View Post

Try to cheer up if you can though, eh?

Simon xx
      The sort of remark that gives onanists a bad name

Comment

I bet Simon's Organ Works are great ...

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
          The sort of remark that gives onanists a bad name
          "WOOSTER!! I am not in the habit of......."

"...the isle is full of noises,
          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
            It must be disheartening for ff to have had the car stolen, but personally, I would not like to drive an old-style Mini - too dangerous in a crash.
            I avoid(ed) motorways and survived for forty years driving minis. Now that I'd have to make do with someone else's cast-off, I may not bother to drive anymore. One thing, whoever's got it has a fantastic little car - only about 13,000 on the clock! And still with its original 24 carat gold bonnet badge - most of them get stolen. I think I'd just as soon they took the whole car.

My brother has invited me to a performance of Carmina Burana next week as compensation

Edit: I'll just pretend I didn't see those other comments
            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

It must be disheartening for ff to have had the car stolen, but personally, I would not like to drive an old-style Mini - too dangerous in a crash.
              Heatbreaking rather than disheartening, I'd say. My 1991 Mini Cooper is rusting away quite happily in the garage having survived two small crashes and one quite large one during the 17 years I drove her (yes, she's a girl). I can't imagine how I'd feel if anyone stole her.

Hope you get Paul back soon, ff.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post

Edit: I'll just pretend I didn't see those other comments
                What, even mine?!!

Comment

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
                  EA, you've changed your Avatar too?

Is it an expression of solidarity with ff, or are you trying to inject a bit of Comic Relief into a sad situation?
                  I've only changed it until Saturday, after which the Matterhorn will return. (Did anyone notice when I changed it to Roseberry Topping in the North York Moors?)

Comment

The Turk has returned!! Does that mean Paul is safely back unharmed?

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                      The Turk has returned!! Does that mean Paul is safely back unharmed?
                      I'm afraid not. The police rang to say they'd closed the file - no further leads to follow up

I was finding the new avatar a bit ... blue ...
                      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Sorry ff

Comment

I'm sorry too. I'm amazed and disturbed to hear the police had closed the file already. When I saw the Turk had returned, I was hoping it meant better news.

Comment

I'm amazed and disturbed to hear the police had closed the file already.
                            They rang me after 24 hours to say the file had been closed. But if any new information turned up they would open it again

Comment

Working...
                            X