No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Service announcement

Our new hosting service, Pair (replacing FutureQuest) notifies us:

"Emergency maintenance will be performed on friendsofradio3.pairserver com tomorrow, Thursday, July 27th between the hours of 9:00 PM and 5:00 AM EDT. This maintenance is necessary to install a critical security patch. Downtime is expected to be less than 10 minutes."

For us this will be BST FRIDAY 28th July, between 2am and 10am. Mark says when they say 10 minutes they usually mean 10 minutes so it could be all over and done with by sunrise tomorrow. This is just in case you encounter anything untoward tomorrow morning.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Thanks for the info, FF. I'm sure it will not trouble me, however I do note some boardees post at frighteningly unsocial hours!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Grumpy View Post
      Thanks for the info, FF. I'm sure it will not trouble me, however I do note some boardees post at frighteningly unsocial hours!
      At least (unless there's a secret button you've set to alert you audibly) you don't get disturbed by new posts!

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post

At least (unless there's a secret button you've set to alert you audibly) you don't get disturbed by new posts!
        I was having my eye test yesterday afternoon when WhatsApp went berserk: Street group commenting on council planning proposal decision, plus family commenting on birthday surprise plans. I had to apologise. Quite irrelevant to the topic, so:

Tomorrow morning, possible forum downtime between 2am and 10am, hopefully no more than 10 minutes

It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

I thought this was going to inform us that Tom Service is retiring!

Comment

😆😅😄😃😃 !! Nice one, S-A.

Let's hope it comes back oK after downtime.

Comment

Working...
            X