Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of mods and rockers

Alpie has decided to step back (a little) from formal chief admin duties but will continue to keep his eye on things in an admin/hostly capacity. Pulcie will ensure that the BaL topics are kept up to date, with a possible change of emphasis when the new schedules are introduced and the regular Saturday morning buzz will then be lost.

french frankenstein will resume the now largely honorary role of chief moderator. As a matter of academic interest I may take the opportunity to (try to) place a House Rules button on the What’s New page? if for no other reason than that last time I made a mess of making a similar change and it would be good to get the better of The System. And the forum didn’t crash.

I would like to take the opportunity to thank Alpie (who won't be far away) for his sterling contributions, not only with BaL but also for many years of entering up all the Proms concert topics.​
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Not sure quite how to express one’s appreciation of the role of moderator (the role from hell IMV) but heartfelt thanks to EA for all his efforts - and no doubt cursing that there were many better things that he might be spending with his time. So, enjoy the release from the burden of trying to keep us all on the right side.

Comment

In the immortal words of Erik Satie: "Flowers? But,dear lady, it's too soon!"

Comment

Echoing Dougie's comments.
        Last edited by mikealdren; 12-03-24, 18:51.

Comment

Thank you for the generous comments. As FF says, I’ll still be around.

Comment

Despite being more of a mocker by inclination, I have been inveigled into moderating a couple of other forums/groups. The one thing I have learned is you can be sure someone, somewhere will be unhappy with your actions, whatever they are.

Thanks Alpie and good luck FF.

Comment

Many thanks EA for all the hard work and those excellent and very useful BAL lists. Good to hear the hiking boots haven’t been completely retired . Still plenty of summits to climb ..

Comment

Many thanks Alpie you deserve a medal the size of a dustbin lid IMVVHO

Comment

Many thanks to you all for running the Forum so well.

Comment

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                    Many thanks Alpie you deserve a medal the size of a dustbin lid IMVVHO
                    Appreciation of Alpie's sterling work on behalf of the forum echoed here ...

Comment

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                      Thank you for the generous comments. As FF says, I’ll still be around.
                      I will hold you to that. Thanks for the Herculean list typing. It must have been fun to list 150 or so recordings of a piece only to have someone say “You didn’t mention the recording by Pyotr Pickelhaus and the Schnitzel Philharmonic “

Comment

Alpie, thanks so much for all your work - most notably the heroic compilations for BAL and for the Proms website. May you have many restful days with the Alpensinphonie in all its manifestations!
                        kb

Comment

[QUOTE=richardfinegold;n1301016]

I will hold you to that. Thanks for the Herculean list typing. It must have been fun to list 150 or so recordings of a piece only to have someone say “You didn’t mention the recording by Pyotr Pickelhaus and the Schnitzel Philharmonic “[/QUOTE]

Sadly nla.

Comment

I think you might find it as a download?

Comment

EA....Cheers!!
                              bong ching

Comment

Working...
                              X