Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LMcD View Post

I believe that can also be said of Ned Sheeran's offerings.
    ... ah, I remember him well -

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
      Whoops! I actually met Ned Sherrin a few times when he was the question master on 'Counterpoint' I'm not sure whether he would approve of the show in its current manifestation.

Comment

Originally posted by Anastasius View Post

I agree wholeheartedly. Every track sounds exactly the same as the next one.
        Is that what's called a winning formula? Or, even more cost effective, entry level AI?

Comment

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post

Is that what's called a winning formula? Or, even more cost effective, entry level AI?
          Yes, apparenty. And music lovers in their multimillions say we're wrong Oh, dear.
          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post

Yes, apparenty. And music lovers in their multimillions say we're wrong Oh, dear.
            As does the generation of £multimillions?

Comment

I decided to give Saturday Morning a chance . It's poor IMO - no more than Essential Classics with a smattering of Music Matters like inserts and frankly I do not like being told I should be on my feet at an extract of Tchaikovsky 5 played by the Bavarian RSO and Mariss Jansons. I suspect audience figures for Saturday morning are fallling sharply.

Comment

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
                I decided to give Saturday Morning a chance . It's poor IMO - no more than Essential Classics with a smattering of Music Matters like inserts and frankly I do not like being told I should be on my feet at an extract of Tchaikovsky 5 played by the Bavarian RSO and Mariss Jansons. I suspect audience figures for Saturday morning are fallling sharply.
                The trouble is that I fear they won't be, as many listeners will not be remotely as discriminating in their listening (he said in a somewhat elitist manner, I suppose!) as those who contribute to this forum!

Comment

Totally agree - mucking around with RR seems to me a sort of suicide note. VERY badly thought out.

Comment

A sharp fall following a flat refusal to listen?

Comment

I suspect audience figures for Saturday morning are fallling sharply.
                      I'm with Pulcie. The whole point of moving RR to the lower-listening afternoon slot is to get more background listeners in the mornings, who are put off by any speech element that requires thought and attention. Record Review/Building a Library was on the very first Saturday morning of R3 - 30 Sept, 1967. The 9am slot became fixed in 1972 - over 50 years ago. Similarly, CotW (This Week's Composer) was at 9am on weekdays from 1964, now moved to the daytime graveyard slot.

We shall never know what's happened to the audiences for these programmes/slots, only the overall station figures - which could conceivably go up if management's cunning plan works as they intend, and new listeners arrive with tastes that are more easily satisfied than RR/CotW audiences.
                      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by Retune View Post

They probably trained it on interviews with the new boss:
                        The ex-boss of Classic FM is rebooting the BBC’s venerable home of classical music, with new shows and presenters – including a special slot for ‘perfect fit’ Jools Holland

'This former boss of the commercial radio stations Classic FM, Smooth and Gold is also wearing a high-wattage smile. He uses the word “unpack” a lot and “brand”. He is a radio controller for our age.'

The last sentence is probably, sadly, true.
                        It gets worse - today I read that Sam Smith is to be included in the Proms.

Comment

Originally posted by MickyD View Post

It gets worse - today I read that Sam Smith is to be included in the Proms.
                          Presumably that's not Sam Smith the tennis commentator?

Comment

All the news here

Full details of the 2024 season have been announced, with one of the most diverse line-ups in years.

Comment

Originally posted by LMcD View Post

Presumably that's not Sam Smith the tennis commentator?
                              Or the founder of the Tadcaster Brewery?

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Webb View Post

Or the founder of the Tadcaster Brewery?
                                That was my response , since the other two of that name mean nothing to me!

Comment

Working...
                                X