Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interruptions to service

There have been three reports of members having difficulty accessing the forum in the past week. Mark has had several reports of Database Error messages and has taken it up with our web hosting service. It appears they have been carrying out work on the servers over the past week and this has caused some temporary glitches.

If anyone has noticed any other problems, please let us know (here).
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

I've had a couple of "database error" messages
    but all fine now

Comment

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
      I've had a couple of "database error" messages
      but all fine now
      Yes - I had one this morning.

Oh, behave, you boys at the back!
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Several database errors recently, but already reported.

Comment

Late evening yesterday - nothing doing. But fine now ( obviously).

Comment

Occasionally impossible to access the Forum today, other times very slow.

Had a couple of these:

"...the isle is full of noises,
            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Same problem here...

Comment

Slow here, too, for example when refreshing a screen or hitting New posts, but no database errors since those that were reported/mentioned in #4 (the same message appeared as Caliban has reported).

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
                  Slow here, too, for example when refreshing a screen or hitting New posts, but no database errors since those that were reported/mentioned in #4 (the same message appeared as Caliban has reported).
                  Same here.

Comment

I've had no problems and I'm not too sure who the "for3.org technical staff" are who've been notified. I'll pop an email through to Mark
                    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Mark's contacted FutureQuest to ask if this is connected with work they're carrying out on the servers. Are there no other members affected? It would be good to know the extent of the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                        Same here.
                        Maybe because we've both been struggling with teamsaint's poser on the AA thread?

Comment

A full explanation:

(I understood "Our sincerest apologies for any problems this has caused")

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
                            Maybe because we've both been struggling with teamsaint's poser on the AA thread?
                            - my personal mental "service provider" has been running very slowly in that particular case!

Comment

There were odd things going on with other sites today. The ENO site was impossible to access, and there was a message. It looked as though there might have been active DDOS attacks on some sites in the network at large.

Comment

Working...
                              X