Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Don Basiio

Deleting an account

Due to my illiteracy and numb fingering on the keyboard, I created an account mis-spelling my name ("Don Basiio".) I created a new account with accurate spelling.

I'd like to delete the first, mispelt account. I can't see how to do it. Is this one of those places where you can't delete an account, so you can always be traced if you've just logged on to say something criminal/monumentally offensive?

If I can't delete Don Basiio, please can somebody else, so I don't have a permanent reminder of my illiteracy?

Thank you.

• french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

I noticed just a moment ago that both of you had been active today. I will delete one account, but can correct your typo. If you PM me you can say which email address you prefer to use.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Chris Newman
      Late Member
      • Nov 2010

Don't worry, Don. Most operas are about two-timers. Glad to see you aboard.
      bws
      Chris. (formerly modestc)

Comment

• Don Basilio
        • Nov 2010

Thanks, ff (and former modestc.)

I was only accessing the now-deleted one to see how to delete the blighter.

Comment

• David_Underdown

Ditto, I created this account (David_Underdown), and then realised that the account I had set up in the previous incarnation of these boards was also still active David Underdown, please delete the newer one.

Comment

• french frank
            Administrator/Moderator
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by David_Underdown View Post
            Ditto, I created this account (David_Underdown), and then realised that the account I had set up in the previous incarnation of these boards was also still active David Underdown, please delete the newer one.
            There are a few people who have started new accounts while their existing ones were still available. I haven't had time to contact them and ask if they have a preference as to which one is kept. As long as it has a still functioning email account, the old one will be fine. Will delete your new one. You can check the email details and update if necessary from your profile page, of course.

Edit: Deleted the new one - the old one has the ac.uk domain name.
            Last edited by french frank; 29-11-10, 17:39.
            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
              Host
              • Nov 2010

Talking of deleting accounts, do you think I'm in danger of being removed from the Radio 4 Archers Messageboard?
              The best of the BBC, with the latest news and sport headlines, weather, TV & radio highlights and much more from across the whole of BBC Online

Perhaps not, but I couldn't resist making the point.

Comment

• french frank
                Administrator/Moderator
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                Talking of deleting accounts, do you think I'm in danger of being removed from the Radio 4 Archers Messageboard?
                The best of the BBC, with the latest news and sport headlines, weather, TV & radio highlights and much more from across the whole of BBC Online

What held you back, EA? I'm sure he would have joined the R3F Choral Evensong community - why not post a link?

In fact, in fact, there is a Phil who has just joined us .... . Well done - your post obviously worked!

Comment

• Mr Pee
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post

I've just replied to your post there, Alpensinfonie. I cannot understand why the Radio 3 boards have been closed, whilst those that are based around a radio soap opera remain open.

Perhaps others who are equally puzzled like to would add their tupenny worth to The Archers board? Who knows, we may even get a response from the faceless ones.
                  Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                  X