Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A busy morning

I had a lot to do this morning and have only just read the main news. Don't blame me if posts are removed and threads closed or deleted. The House Rules are clear and you've signed up to them. No politics.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

This was not an invitation for discussion: it was an announcement.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Can anyone recommend a forum where debate takes place, or includes discussion of, politics in the largely civilised way it took place here on the EU referendum?

Comment

Originally posted by Cockney Sparrow View Post
        Can anyone recommend a forum where debate takes place, or includes discussion of, politics in the largely civilised way it took place here on the EU referendum?
        In the discussion forum at www.talkclassical.com, the moderators deal with this issue as follows:

"Forum: Community Forum

This is the place for those fun, and not so serious threads, birthday greetings, & general chit-chat. Above all, be respectful to your fellow forum members as they have a right to their own opinions too!

Any/All discussions about Politics or Religion are restricted to the Social Groups

Members can create their own Social Group. If you need assistance, please contact a staff member via Private Message."

You requested a recommendation which, of course, I am in no position to give as I've only just joined the forum concerned; however, maybe this is one way in which problems that might risk on occasion becoming associated with such issues can be overcome, although it's obviously too early days for me to say.
        Last edited by ahinton; 09-11-16, 13:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockney Sparrow View Post
          Something that crossed my mind is that many people here, including myself, are members of r3ok, which has become rather moribund these these days largely because of migrations here and to FB, although it used to be the venue for many interesting discussions. For those who haven't come across it, it's very easy to find since there's a link to it on the front page of this forum. It has a very similar structure to this forum, and a "News and Current Affairs" messageboard. Because, unlike this forum, it isn't linked to an organisation with an image and reputation to preserve, moderation can be much lighter on such subjects. Just a thought.

Comment

Working...
          X