Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rare occurrence

We had a non-bot spammer insinuating his way in for the first time in years (ever?). A gent from India who guessed the verification codeword. I realise this is now a lot easier because we named a new forum containing the answer!

This will be changed but it's quite difficult to think of something which will be known to all legitimate joiners (not just classical listeners) but not guessable by illegitimi (or illegitimis). PM me with ideas!
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

I think you managed to close the Thread a few seconds before I got there!

I have no ideas/suggestions on this matter, sadly.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
      it's quite difficult to think of something which will be known to all legitimate joiners (not just classical listeners) but not guessable by illegitimi (or illegitimis). PM me with ideas!
      Illegitimi non carborundum!
      "...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
        Illegitimi non carborundum!
        Which can apply to a lot of forum matters

Unwritten house rule: Thou shalt not carborund the moderating team.

(Another anagram of You Know What, with a current application: Moderating of User. Never thought I'd have an occasion to use that )
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Working...
        X