Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by french frank View Post
    I think I'm missing your No 6 reference...
    FF!

Surely you know what No 6 means, and the penny-farthing? I mean, we're talking about one of the most legendary TV....

- - -

John W

Comment

What if you set up different titles for every 100 posts? I suppose it might have the unfortunate effect of making people toss off more one-liners to inflate their post counts (ugh!) but it might be a fun way to reward people who've been around forever.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wright View Post
        FF!

Surely you know what No 6 means, and the penny-farthing? I mean, we're talking about one of the most legendary TV....

PS I do recognise Patrick McGoohan, but I don't know about No 6 or the penny-farthing
        Last edited by french frank; 06-12-10, 19:57.
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

I know I'm a bit of a fuddy-duddy but do people really need to be rewarded for contributing to this forum, especially by being given silly titles?

(Well, I did say I was a fuddy-duddy!)

Comment

I thought you became a senior member if you had a senior moment, but that's obviously incorrect. I suppose I should have known, because I'm not yet a senior member, and as my friends will tell you, I've had more than a few senior moments.

Comment

When I reach my 100th post, shall I be able to decline the title or shall be thrown out?

Comment

Does anyone know whether post number 1000 makes you a Hero Member? Apparently it does on the other forum.

Comment

I know I'm a bit of a fuddy-duddy but do people really need to be rewarded for contributing to this forum, especially by being given silly titles?
                  Oh no--I just thought that since it's a feature, you might as well try to do something interesting with it.
                  In a few weeks, we'll all be "Senior Members", yes? Personally, I think the only "Senior Members" around here are the ones from 2007!

Comment

Well, I was going to dramatically override former titles and replace all registered members with the title 'Full Member'. But it hasn't worked
                    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Well, I was going to dramatically override former titles and replace all registered members with the title 'Full Member'. But it hasn't worked
                      It certainly has worked, FF. We all appear to be Full Members (no jokes please).

"When everybody's somebody, nobody's anybody"
                      "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

Good idea ff

Comment

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                          It certainly has worked, FF. We all appear to be Full Members (no jokes please).[/I]
                          Yes, I found the extra procedure that was needed. A subtle upgrading of members. The next rank is reached now at 1,000 posts, rather than 100 - for those who dare risk the title

Not sure what scottycelt will think of the accusation of being fu' ...

I've been wi' a couple o' cronies,
                          One or two pals o' my ain;
                          We went in a hotel, and we did very well,
                          And then we came out once again;
                          Then we went into anither,
                          And that is the reason I'm fu';
                          We had six deoch-an-doruses, then sang a chorus,
                          Just listen, I'll sing it to you ... &c. &c.

Comment

The next rank is reached now at 1,000 posts
                            Would that be "Verbose Member"?

Comment

Would that be "Verbose Member"?
                              No, I think that title is reserved for those of us who keep our average post length over 1,000 words.

Comment

Working...
                              X