Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FORUM WILL BE CLOSED - Friday 3 August 10pm

A fairly major upgrade is due, so Andrew is estimating a two-hour shutdown at 10pm, this Friday.

Still time to think about Promming and having a meal afterwards : (NB Floss, mangerton!)

Prom 27, BBC SSO/ Runnicles
    Friday 3 August, 7.45pm – c. 10.00pm
    Royal Albert Hall

Wagner: Siegfried Idyll

Bruckner: Symphony No. 8 in c (ed. Nowak, 1955)

BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra
    Donald Runnicles, conductor
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Hah - when I saw the thread title I thought you were doing a BBC

I saw the concert listed, but not being a fan of Bruckner (through prejudice, mainly, rather than knowledge) I probably won't be listening. But perhaps I should give him (Bruckner, that is) a hearing?

Comment

Just to make sure everyone knows ... (I only added the message to you and mangers because I thought the London-centric suggestion that you could stroll over to the RAH and Prom would have you both steaming at the ears ... )

Hah - when I saw the thread title I thought you were doing a BBC
      Well, actually ... no, I mustn't joke about these things
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
        A fairly major upgrade is due, so Andrew is estimating a two-hour shutdown at 10pm, this Friday.

Still time to think about Promming and having a meal afterwards : (NB Floss, mangerton!)
        Well normally of course I'd have been deighted to nip down for the evening from far-flung Dundee, the more so because I've just heard on R4 that London is like a ghost town and restaurants are in parlous plight.

Tomorrow though HMG requires my presence at work until 8pm, so that rather rules it out of court.

Comment

Just a bump to remind people that we'll be closing for an upgrade at 10pm tonight.

Comment

Just a bump to remind people that we'll be closing for an upgrade at 10pm tonight.
            My partner will be pleased , but less happy when he knows that it's only for a couple of hours

Comment

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
              My partner will be pleased , but less happy when he knows that it's only for a couple of hours
              Two hours??? My gawd... withdrawal symptoms just at the thought... where did I hide those fags?

Comment

Half an hour to go!

Comment

Testing ......

--
                  Administrators

Comment

Originally posted by FFAdminMKS View Post
                    Testing ......

Does that mean we're open for business again?

Comment

Sort of .... there are some strange things happening so I might have to turn it off again, unless I can make the changes live.

Andrew
                      --
                      Administrators

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                        Does that mean we're open for business again?
                        We may have to go off again - we're not supposed to have a blog, I don't think.

Comment

Re-visiting the blog screen seems to have turned the option off the secondary menus now - can anyone see any changed secondary menus?
                          --
                          Administrators

Comment

Originally posted by FFAdminMKS View Post
                            Re-visiting the blog screen seems to have turned the option off the secondary menus now - can anyone see any changed secondary menus?
                            Which are the secondary menus?

Comment

Which are the secondary menus?
                              eg 'New Posts Private Messages ...' at the top of this screen.
                              --
                              Administrators

Comment

Working...
                              X