No announcement yet.
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Michael Berkeley has got to be a bit careful not to be critical as he is a R3 presenter and RW won't have any of that from his staff.

Anyway, thank God its all over, let's get back to the normal fare of La Valse and the Dance of the Knights etc, though on 2nd thoughts, let's not. I'm hoping that for the rest of the year R3 might just improve a bit on the last two years ... well I can live in hope I suppose!

Comment

Originally posted by Eudaimonia View Post
      Someone was manipulating the poll to make Radio 3 look bad, and I don't find it particularly amusing.

Do you really think it could legitimately drop from the 50s to the 30s in a matter of minutes? Bovine excrement! You might say "Oh, lighten up--it's just a silly Guardian poll", but I guarantee if it had finished in the 80s/20s you'd all be triumphantly cackling your heads off and quoting it to the media at every available opportunity. But since it ended more or less even, you're all "oh, Roger did it". Har har.

And whoever did do it? I hope you got carpal tunnel from your clicking finger.
      There is of course an alternative to this version of history: viz, that all those additional votes which conveniently bumped up the pro Mozartfest score were eliminated from the final results by the organisers who eventually twigged that pro R3 supporters (whoever they were ) were rigging the poll.

Comment

Originally posted by Suffolkcoastal View Post
        Well Michael Berkeley has got to be a bit careful not to be critical as he is a R3 presenter and RW won't have any of that from his staff.
        Well, you have to admit this has to be one of the most mind-blowingly unfortunate metaphors ever:

There are those for whom Mozart is like "piddling on flannel" (Noël Coward) but I suspect the majority of Radio 3 listeners enjoy getting thoroughly soaked –
        Bwahaha! Sounds like something one of you would have come up with.

Comment

For me, the best thing about the last twelve days wasn't that the music broadcast was purely Mozart but that it was purely classical. So refreshing to be able to turn on the radio in the certainty that I wouldn't get jazz, show tunes, "world" music and all the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Bert Coules View Post
            For me, the best thing about the last twelve days wasn't that the music broadcast was purely Mozart but that it was purely classical. So refreshing to be able to turn on the radio in the certainty that I wouldn't get jazz, show tunes, "world" music and all the rest.
            Hear Hear!!
            Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

Eudaimonia, you're not RW's agent are you by any chance?

Comment

Refreshing ?

Comment

Hear hear, and thrice hear hear!

Comment

Bert I agree! Especially in the evening, even with the phone-in format, it was great to have 'classical' on the bedroom radio when retiring around midnight. Usually it has to stay firmly off, the usual Late Junction thing is exactly what I DON'T want at that hour...

And it only took a few seconds to be missing Mozart... I was up late last night, heard the final hour... (including the odd recording of traffic near Mozart's grave which ended the fortnight... ) ... and then Through the Night announced Rossini's 'Matilde Shabran, or Bellezza, e cuor di ferro" ...

"Please, more Mozart!! Quick!!"
                    *click* radio gets turned off...

"...the isle is full of noises,
                    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

" I want never gets "

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sherratt View Post
                        " I want never gets "

OK! I want Late Junction, I want Late Junction!!!!
                        "...the isle is full of noises,
                        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                          OK! I want Late Junction, I want Late Junction!!!!
                          Me too!!!

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

It would be lovely if the second-class listeners to the jazz and world programmes didn't have their listening starting when most of the population need to sleep.

I'm sure all would agree

A not-so-flippin'-late Junction in other words.

PS. There's a 9pm start tonight but don't worry it won't be for long

Comment

Now childer ...

Just to mention that, at the last count, five votes will be technically discounted because the voters were not registered members when the poll opened (see opening post of this thread). At a quick look, they are fairly proportionately spread over the options. This being the case, there's no evidence of collusion, malpractice, fraud, embezzlement, imposture or counterfeiting, so the public figures (as per this thread) will be useful, but not the Official Result.
                              Last edited by french frank; 13-01-11, 11:29. Reason: Omission of very small word
                              It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sherratt View Post
                                It would be lovely if the second-class listeners to the jazz and world programmes didn't have their listening starting when most of the population need to sleep.

I'm sure all would agree

A not-so-flippin'-late Junction in other words.

PS. There's a 9pm start tonight but don't worry it won't be for long

Late Junction works very well for me at the usual time, because as soon as it comes on air I know to immediately switch off the radio and get some kip.

Looks as though I might be getting an early night tonight though!

Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                                X