No announcement yet.
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

>> Looks as though I might be getting an early night tonight though!

Mr Pee, you are a little off-message - the usual sabre-rattling and terrifying to the controller comment varies between ' putting on a cd or switching to Classic FM'

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sherratt View Post
      >> Looks as though I might be getting an early night tonight though!

Mr Pee, you are a little off-message - the usual sabre-rattling and terrifying to the controller comment varies between ' putting on a cd or switching to Classic FM'

Hmmm....I'd go for the CD. Choosing between Late Junction and Classic FM is a bit like having to choose between death by firing squad or death by lethal injection. Either way, it doesn't end well.
      Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

>>>Choosing between Late Junction and Classic FM is a bit like having to choose between death by firing squad etc

Why ?

And how do you know ?

Comment

Please, this is diverting from the main topic of the thread - people's comments on the Mozart programmes. Can we get back on topic?
          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sherratt View Post
            Likewise. I always get carried away when Late Junction's up for discussion!!

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

Mr Pee

PS
              I was the 30th birthday present Humph never actually received

Comment

One thing I'm surprised no-one has commented on is the extremely irritating 'trailers' all the time which sounded like a bad copy of the Classic FM 'Smooth Sexy Stuff at Seven' type of approach. I got to just turning R3 off, much as I love Mozart (but in manageable doses, not for 12 straight days!). How refreshing it was this morning to wake up to something in a different style.

Comment

I commented on them, calling them soppy voices in soppy introductions, or some such. I agree, they were what
                  put me off most, combined with the single movements.

Comment

Sorry, salymap, in fact there are a few references to the trailers in various postings, but I must say I haven't noticed anyone who thought they were a good thing!

Comment

I wonder if Radio3 can make edited versions of the interviews with the guests on various programmes. I don’t mean edit the interviews. Edit out all the music that is not directly relevant to the contents of the interviews. I am not sure how to fit in the schedule though. Music Matters or Sunday Feature?

Comment

Originally posted by Suffolkcoastal View Post
                        Well Michael Berkeley has got to be a bit careful not to be critical as he is a R3 presenter and RW won't have any of that from his staff.
                        I don't think Michael Berkeley has been 'on the staff' for a long time, if indeed he ever was. Is 'Private Passions' not produced by an independent company and recorded at his home?
                        I share your relief that the Mozartfest has now been put to rest!

Comment

Does he still not introduce some concerts though and is a regular contributor? I've kept typing Mozartpest recently, I was hoping that the first piece on TTN in the early hours was going to be something by Stockhausen or Boulez to shock us back into life, instead it was a mild opera of Rossini!

Comment

Originally posted by AliSmith View Post
                            Sorry, salymap, in fact there are a few references to the trailers in various postings, but I must say I haven't noticed anyone who thought they were a good thing!
                            As I've only selected specific programmes, I've avoided hearing these 'trailers'. From what people have been saying, though, they sound more like 'idents' - like station jingles - than ordinary trails, to remind people what they're listening to, perhaps indicating that the BBC hopes there will be a lot of new listeners who are entering new territory?
                            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

ff.
                              I am not sure what it is you are referring to by station jingles but those trailers sounded to me as if BBC was ensuring the new listeners, whoever they might have been, that they were in fact entering into their familiar territory in a new guise…

Comment

Working...
                              X