Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hosting

As may be seen, we welcome Mr Caliban Rumpole as a classical Host. We lost two (Uncle Monty, StephenO), who decided early on to depart, and then dear old Chris Newman, so it's about time we had a bit of strengthening of the classical team, adding a bit of lively stimulation to the discussions. Thanks, Caly, for coming on board

(NB He's been warned of the perils of 'Editing' when he means to 'Reply', so let's hope we have no dramas with mistaken deletions of people's finely honed comments) ...
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Welcome to hostdom, Caliban.

Super-Cali-is-fantastic-spammers-are-atrocious

Comment

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post

Super-Cali-is-fantastic-spammers-are-atrocious

Thank you
      "...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Congratulations on your elevation Caliban!

When is the Investiture?

And what areas of the Board are you host of?

Comment

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
          Seconded!

Super-Cali-is-fantastic-spammers-are-atrocious[/QUOTE]
          I so wish I'd thought of that!
          [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

The host with the most?

Comment

According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Truly Calibantastic!

Comment

Good morning to everyone reading The Radio 3 Forum! Congratulations, too, on becoming a Host, Caliban!

Against all expectations, french frank, we have once again become such things as dreams are made of. Congratulations to all! I shall resist the temptation of asking you to ban 'c', on this particular occasion, french frank, but if you ever feel the urge, please do not hesitate to do so. Out of interest, french frank, do you play chess? If so, let us just say "Checkmate!"

"Zap! Hasta la vista, kleines!"
                  Chess World Champion in 2013 and the highest rated player in history in 2014, the Norwegian Grandmaster has stayed at the very top in classic, blitz and rapid chess.

I have no desire to remain where I am not wanted, so it would be an act of love for you to ask me to leave The Radio 3 Forum. It is, however, a real pleasure to have been able to converse with all of you online so courteously after so many years, if only for such a short period of time. We continue the fight for freedom in the twenty-first century! I propose yet another toast: to the entire Radio 3 Forum community! Three cheers from kleines c and the gang (breakfast coffee)!

Last edited by Guest; 11-01-13, 09:39.

Comment

Yes, Congratulations, Caliban, and here's to many hours of happy hosting.

Comment

Yes congrats to our very own Rumpole x

Comment

Originally posted by salymap View Post
                        Oh saly... Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by salymap View Post
                          …and from me, too. With ff back and an excellent new Host, the Forum couldn’t go wrong. Now, how about merging the two Rattle threads as the first Hostly task?

Comment

Originally posted by doversoul View Post
                            …and from me, too. With ff back and an excellent new Host, the Forum couldn’t go wrong. Now, how about merging the two Rattle threads as the first Hostly task?

Thank you! Re merging, see my comment just now, ds, on one of the two shorter 'Rattle/BPO' threads - there are four and I had a hesitant try last night, but decided this complex one was best left to wiser operators this time.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                              As may be seen, we welcome Mr Caliban Rumpole as a classical Host. We lost two (Uncle Monty, StephenO), who decided early on to depart, and then dear old Chris Newman, so it's about time we had a bit of strengthening of the classical team, adding a bit of lively stimulation to the discussions. Thanks, Caly, for coming on board

(NB He's been warned of the perils of 'Editing' when he means to 'Reply', so let's hope we have no dramas with mistaken deletions of people's finely honed comments) ...
                              This is excellent news. Welcome into the Classical Host chair!

Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency....

Comment

Working...
                              X