This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

URGENT: Members based in China or Russia

Mark reports that we are still being bombarded by spammers who have set up bots to continually hit the registration page. China alone has accessed the site 137,727 times in the past week.

His proposal is to block all IP addresses from China and Russia, at least to see whether this works (and I suspect Pakistan may not be far behind), but that would affect one or two genuine contributors.

Anyone based in these countries should contact me urgently, by PM or using the Contact Us address at the foot of the page.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Just FAO of those concerned.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

All 'visitors' based in China/with a China IP will be blocked from the forum as from this evening. This will include bona fide members, but it seems a possible way to fend off the onslaught.

Please email me if this creates a problem for you.

Comment

This has now been completed. I'm monitoring closely. Please contact us immediately with any odd behaviour and/or problems that seem as if they may be associated with the move. Thanks!
        --
        Administrators

Comment

Working...
        X