Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rearrangements

Platform 3 (and the Refreshment Room) has now been put into its own category, just below Classical Forum. For those not interested in these general topics, I'm afraid What's New? will still display the latest threads. However, as with all categories, if you click on the small up/down arrow on the right of the red title bar you can close or open the forum list.

Platform 3 could be placed below the Jazz and World Forums (or Classical Forum could be changed to Music Forum and include the Jazz/World boards? I had a sentimental attachment to 'Classical Forum' because of the old days ...
    Last edited by french frank; 11-05-13, 17:30.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Please do keep the name "Classical Forum". It fills me with hope.

Comment

Seconded EA!!
      Don’t cry for me
      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
        Platform 3 (and the Refreshment Room) has now been put into its own category, just below Classical Forum. For those not interested in these general topics, I'm afraid What's New? will still display the latest threads.
        Why be afraid? 'What's New?' displays new posts on all the fora/forums, including arts, jazz, etc. So it's perfectly acceptable for 'Platform 3', wherever it's located, to show up as well (unless you want to hide it altogether, to spare the blushes of those who find it a little too ... free-ranging )

(or Classical Forum could be changed to Music Forum and include the Jazz/World boards? I had a sentimental attachment to 'Classical Forum' because of the old days ...
        You could change the name of 'Classical forum' to just 'Music forum', but not include non-classical, & keep the latter to their own enclave, as a riposte to those who use the term 'music' to mean pop, rock, etc, & make classical music a seperate category.

Comment

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
          Why be afraid? 'What's New?' displays new posts on all the fora/forums, including arts, jazz, etc. So it's perfectly acceptable for 'Platform 3', wherever it's located, to show up as well (unless you want to hide it altogether, to spare the blushes of those who find it a little too ... free-ranging )
          I was thinking more 'boring' than 'free-ranging'. Like having to keep reading moans about 'Trailers' in your case

My preference is to keep Classical Forum, but if others had strong reasons for suggesting otherwise I would think again.
          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
            moans about 'Trailers'
            Ssshhh - there haven't been any of those recently.

My preference is to keep Classical Forum, but if others had strong reasons for suggesting otherwise I would think again.
            My comment on this wasn't completely serious

Comment

Working...
            X