Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Possibly an unpropitious time at which to join but there we are. I have listened to the station in one or other of its guises for 60 years and have learned so much from it. I hope something of what has mattered to me will survive the latest changes. 'For those who like that sort of thing,' said Miss Brodie in her best Edinburgh voice, 'that is the sort of thing they like.'

'For those who like that sort of thing,' said Miss Brodie in her best Edinburgh voice, 'that is the sort of thing they like.'
    So true...

and welcome, AHR!

Comment

Hello AHR - welcome!

Originally posted by AHR View Post
      'For those who like that sort of thing,' said Miss Brodie in her best Edinburgh voice, 'that is the sort of thing they like.'
      I'm afraid that is how R3 managers have got away with changes in the past: no matter what changes they make to the R3 schedules, that will be the sort of thing that some people will like. Not much vision or ambition required to please some people some of the time.
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by AHR View Post
        Possibly an unpropitious time at which to join but there we are. I have listened to the station in one or other of its guises for 60 years and have learned so much from it. I hope something of what has mattered to me will survive the latest changes. 'For those who like that sort of thing,' said Miss Brodie in her best Edinburgh voice, 'that is the sort of thing they like.'
        Welcome. Totally agree.

Comment

Working...
        X