• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions for new boards

1. Mahleriana

2. Whinger's Corner

Just to keep things tidy!

Well, as I said on another thread, we can create all sorts Undesirable topics down in the cellar - and move any posts there which have strayed into topics where they don't belong. Awesome powers!

There is, seriously, an advantage, I think, in keeping the homepage reasonably uncluttered so that our main themes and interests are obvious at first sight. Members will have the right to wander in some of the byways and create little sub-communities of shared interest if they wish (haven't a clue at the moment how usergroups might work).

When the initial rush is over I shall be culling some of the MBs in the top section which seem to warrant a bit of prominence just for the moment.

That said, other suggestions are welcome
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by verismissimo View Post
      1. Mahleriana

2. Whinger's Corner

Just to keep things tidy!
      I'm not sure I agree.

I think there is great merit is having Mahler threads in with the rest of the threads under the existing headings.

The problem is that if there is are a plethora of forums the whole thing will get out of hand - and I think there is something to be gained from having diverse topics rubbing shoulder to shoulder with each other.

One of ff's strokes of genius was to replicate the existing R3 structure as it means that everyone instantly knows their way around. Of course things will evolve, over time, e.g. someone's suggestion of a Live Concerts Forum is a good idea.

Comment

I rather think my proposal was a sort of joke! But thanks for your responses.

Comment

Whoooops !!!!

Comment

Live concerts forum? A great idea.

Comment

How about a seperate board for, ahem, certain members to carry out their deluded ramblings. See here

Comment

We need a little grit in the oyster!

I used to get annoyed at Sydney's posts but now I find them amusing and good to read.

(Probably a sign that I'm losing my marbles!)

Comment

How about a Composer of the Week board?

Comment

Two points from above: I'm inclined to agree with johnb - Syd's ramblings are something one gets used to. The seriousness with which we all take his valuable contributions is clearly indicated by the hilarity in the replies. If individuals genuinely find the profundity, not to say lunacy, genuinely ing, perhaps the Ignore option would be best?

Des - re CotW. I'm currently operating the forum single-handed, but when another tier of management has been put in place they/I will be able to take on some forum development. Don't go away (I think TTN might also merit a board - or stickies are another solution).
                    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Now is that 'live' as WE know it, or as the BBC have re-defined it - 'as live'?

Because in terms of current BBC output and if the original defn of 'live' is kept to, any forum that comments on 'live concerts' will be pretty thin!

A Proms forum would certainly be a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                        A Proms forum would certainly be a good idea.
                        I agree, but I wonder whether it is such a good idea to have it open throughou the year. Might it not be better to have it open for comments, say from April until October?

Comment

Oh, yes, quite, EA. I was just endorsing the principle rather than arguing for an all-year round fixture.

Comment

One board that is missing that was on the BBC is 'arts & ideas', where Radio3's non-music programmes were discussed (plus other relevant issues). They could go on the Platform 3 board, but having a seperate forum would leave Platform 3 for the wimsical/trivial/fun/political/ranting threads. At the moment it's a bit tame, but I guess that's because certain BBC messageboard inhabitants haven't migrated here (perhaps they've moved to the Daily Mail site, or their opposition to immigration has inhibited them from moving to somewhere new). I'll do my best to liven it up

Comment

Flosshilde,

Perhaps I've got hold of the wrong end of the stick but .... <cough> .... have you scrolled down to the bottom of the "Forum" view?

Comment

Working...
                              X