Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello!!

I got recommended to join this forum by BBMmk2 so thank you.

... and thank YOU for joining - you're most welcome!
    Some of use are more serious-minded than others - I'm probably one of the 'others' - but we all derive a lot of pleasure, and also learn a lot, from one another.

Comment

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
      ... and thank YOU for joining - you're most welcome!
      Some of use are more serious-minded than others - I'm probably one of the 'others' - but we all derive a lot of pleasure, and also learn a lot, from one another.

Welcome!

Comment

Ahem!
        Don’t cry for me
        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Hi Tim

Comment

Originally posted by BBMmk2 View Post
            Ahem!
            Nice bit of recruitment there, BBM!!!

Comment

Hi from me too.

Hope you find the place enjoyable and/or useful.

Comment

Originally posted by ASD01 View Post
                Hi Tim
                BBM here! Naughty step for you.

ASD01 is probably our youngest member. So I think is rather encouraging.
                Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                  Nice bit of recruitment there, BBM!!!

Thanks!
                  Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

As long as he knows the best years for Sanatogen he'll be fine

Comment

With a name like that should be the top HMV label LP enthusiast.

Comment

Originally posted by Zucchini View Post
                        As long as he knows the best years for Sanatogen he'll be fine
                        Oh I think our newest member will be ok . Doubtless he/she knows when is the best time to return to the tonic.
                        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                          Oh I think our newest member will be ok . Doubtless he/she knows when is the best time to return to the tonic.
                          Whatever happened ot Mrs Wilson's favourite tipple, Wincarnis? Oh, I see it's still available.

Comment

Back building bridges

I feel as if I'm arriving at the Pearly Gates a la 'Matter of Life & Death'. I know I've been here before and everything is strangely familiar and yet I'm entirely a foreigner to the place, but not.

Having had a bump to my head and stitches just before Christmas has not helped matters either.

Perhaps the simplest thing is if I start over again.

Certain things are coming back to me. We originally met, many of us, when the BBC had forums for its output; but then we were made homeless as non-essential programme services and several noble souls created this space.

Back in the earliest days I would post as HomewardBound, but then I became Stillhomewardbound. Now, I am returned as Stephen McK (Stephen McKenna). That is a deliberate move as I think the internet has become such a querulous place and if people feel inclined to hurl bricks all over the place then they should identify themselves. Just as, back in the day, newspapers wouldn't publish letters without verification of who the correspondents were.

Oh, let me be honest and admit that I've thrown enough bricks in my time, I'm sure, but it makes much more sense to use those bricks to build bridges rather than new walls.

I continue to be a R3 listener, though in the last year I have been very consumed with a media project which involved a lot of a writing (including a book!) and there have been long stretches where the radio has stayed off. However, I hope that changes because R3 continues to be a marvellous companion.

Anyway, onwards and upwards. It is good to be back!

HomewardBound/StillhomewardBound/StephenMcK
                            Last edited by StephenMcK; 06-01-20, 18:13. Reason: typo

Comment

Great to hear from you Stephen!

Comment

Working...
                              X