No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annoying advert for Schubert series....

Hello all

Has anyone else been shocked by R3's own advert for the Schubert series? It uses 4 different voices switching in an annoying commerical manner and finishing with that horrible, upbeat, grating, self-satisfied voice similar to one of the R3 morning presenters. If they're trying to slip this kind of vile commercial, twaddle in subtly, they are completely failing!

You're thoughts....

Originally posted by RandomFan View Post
    Hello all

Has anyone else been shocked by R3's own advert for the Schubert series? It uses 4 different voices switching in an annoying commerical manner and finishing with that horrible, upbeat, grating, self-satisfied voice similar to one of the R3 morning presenters. If they're trying to slip this kind of vile commercial, twaddle in subtly, they are completely failing!

You're thoughts....
    Hello RandomFan - welcome to the board

I think You'll find discussion on this and related topics on the threads below which include "Schubert" in their titles, and, ahem, variations thereon.

S-A

Comment

The Schubertathon seems to be swelling the numbers contributing to the Forum! Welcome indeed, RandomFan.

Comment

You're thoughts....
        Nice to see the return of existentialism

Comment

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
          Nice to see the return of existentialism
          Phenomenologically timely too!

Comment

Has anyone else been shocked by R3's own advert for the Schubert series? It uses 4 different voices switching in an annoying commerical manner and finishing with that horrible, upbeat, grating, self-satisfied voice similar to one of the R3 morning presenters. [...]
            Yes. Awful and insulting.

The other THING is what I suppose one has to call a jingle - self-satisfied voice plus two bars or so of a symphony, trio or whatever. Sometimes repeated two or three times within the space of a few minutes. Apart from the fact, already pointed out on these boards, we're already listening, this is taking bleeding chunks to a ludicrous and offensive extreme of butchery.

Emoticons fail....

Comment

I think it's time for Radio 4 to mount a week-long Sunday Worshipathon, similarly trailled.

I wonder how that would, er, "go down". Questions from the mitred in the Lords?

Comment

aha kernelbogey, it is a relief to hear such righteous anger from another human...

We must stop this! I want to find the marketing ****s who are doing this and ---**** (self consored)....

But serioulsy, how about a march on Broadcasting house by Radio 3 listeners fed up with this idiotic meddling?

Comment

But serioulsy, how about a march on Broadcasting house by Radio 3 listeners fed up with this idiotic meddling?
                  It worked for Radio Four a few years ago when they propsed dropping the long wave frequency..... Surely nothing more scary than the outraged middle classes:

'What do we want?'
                  'Radio Four on Longwave.'
                  'When do we want it?'
                  'Now'
                  'And in France in the School holidays' etc

Comment

Hello all

You're thoughts....
                    Is that the cringe-making female with sing-song emphasis who sounds as if she is advertising a wonder new hair product, possibly with extra lanolin?

Comment

Originally posted by Don Petter View Post
                      Is that the cringe-making female with sing-song emphasis who sounds as if she is advertising a wonder new hair product, possibly with extra lanolin?
                      The Schubert Experience. Because you're worth it.

Comment

Hello all

Your thoughts....
                        Mine appeared in the comment (underneath Tom Service's piece) posted on 27 March just after 9am by Caliban1 (aka Yours Truly) here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/to...ok-tom-service
                        "...the isle is full of noises,
                        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Don Petter View Post
                          Yes that's the one! horrible.

I'm not going to say the name, but we know... She's possbily designed to make stupid people feel inferior and therefore listen more, because she sounds like she knows more than she really does (in that grating, self-satisfied manner).

Comment

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
                            The Schubert Experience. Because you're worth it.
                            L'Orelei?
                            [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                              L'Orelei?

Comment

Working...
                              X