Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasn't going to post until tonight as I wanted people to get used to the idea. A day trip to Hever was also on offer. Unfortunately a neighbour was taken ill so we are looking after her instead. So here I am - earlier than anticipated!

Thank you to everyone on this thread who posted messages. I found them very heartening and do appreciate the kindness. A special mention to Hornspieler who has been exceptionally supportive, to johncorrigan, amateur51 and serial_apologist for splendid e-mails; to Rob for "encouraging" comments about York City; and to salymap who sent me a nice greeting on the forum system.

salymap - I have tried to reply to your kind note but can't currently see on the system which ones of those I am sending have been received. Still, it has been quite a while and I will get used to it!

This time around Lateralthinking1 intends to be less political and will focus mainly on music and literature. An exception will be the US Politics thread. Ammy did encourage its continuation and it would be good to do as the big moment gets closer. As far as possible, it will be unbiased commentary from the OP but that isn't to say other contributors should not be biased!

There will also be more reading of other peoples' contributions, contributions in the main will be shorter (not like this one!) and there will be fewer hours glued to one screen. In fact, I am going to plant a few spring bulbs in the sunshine when the GP arrives.

But there is a Youtube clip of Busoni's piano concerto I have been wanting to post; thanks I want to give to Alyn for some excellent podcasts and a particularly good JRR - he really is a very fine broadcaster; some comments on the Hild of Whitby programme; and I must add to others' thoughts about Michael Marra who will be very much missed. That's just for starters!

As this spotlight feels a little uncomfortable, I am now going to take my seat in the stalls. But I am pleased to be back with friends and thanks very much again. (Incidentally, that Night Waves interview with Doddy is repeated tonight - don't miss it!!)

Comment

Nice to have you back

Comment

Lat thank you, I received your PM [private message] in reply to mine very early this morning. I must look to see if I should click something to show that I've read it.

We never stop learning on these boards. bestio, saly

Comment

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
          I wasn't going to post until tonight as I wanted people to get used to the idea. A day trip to Hever was also on offer. Unfortunately a neighbour was taken ill so we are looking after her instead. So here I am - earlier than anticipated!

Thank you to everyone on this thread who posted messages. I found them very heartening and do appreciate the kindness. A special mention to Hornspieler who has been exceptionally supportive, to johncorrigan, amateur51 and serial_apologist for splendid e-mails; to Rob for "encouraging" comments about York City; and to salymap who sent me a nice greeting on the forum system.

salymap - I have tried to reply to your kind note but can't currently see on the system which ones of those I am sending have been received. Still, it has been quite a while and I will get used to it!

This time around Lateralthinking1 intends to be less political and will focus mainly on music and literature. An exception will be the US Politics thread. Ammy did encourage its continuation and it would be good to do as the big moment gets closer. As far as possible, it will be unbiased commentary from the OP but that isn't to say other contributors should not be biased!

There will also be more reading of other peoples' contributions, contributions in the main will be shorter (not like this one!) and there will be fewer hours glued to one screen. In fact, I am going to plant a few spring bulbs in the sunshine when the GP arrives.

But there is a Youtube clip of Busoni's piano concerto I have been wanting to post; thanks I want to give to Alyn for some excellent podcasts and a particularly good JRR - he really is a very fine broadcaster; some comments on the Hild of Whitby programme; and I must add to others' thoughts about Michael Marra who will be very much missed. That's just for starters!

As this spotlight feels a little uncomfortable, I am now going to take my seat in the stalls. But I am pleased to be back with friends and thanks very much again. (Incidentally, that Night Waves interview with Doddy is repeated tonight - don't miss it!!)
          Terrific to know you're back, Lat - the sunshine here knows it too!
          Last edited by Serial_Apologist; 30-10-12, 14:52.

Comment

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
            Nice to have you back
            [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
              As this spotlight feels a little uncomfortable, I am now going to take my seat in the stalls. But I am pleased to be back with friends and thanks very much again.
              I did wonder whether all the attention might make you feel a bit self-conscious! but your plans seem pretty sound. Especially planting the bulbs - though it's perishing cold here, in spite of the sunshine. Welcome back!
              It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Good to see you back. This time round, do look after yourself (more) carefully. These online forums are strange things. They are very welcoming but at the same time, you can get hurt very easily. (I know this doesn’t apply to some members ) Anyway, we don’t want to lose you again.

Comment

Originally posted by doversoul View Post
                  Good to see you back. This time round, do look after yourself (more) carefully. These online forums are strange things. They are very welcoming but at the same time, you can get hurt very easily. (I know this doesn’t apply to some members ) Anyway, we don’t want to lose you again.

Well said doversoul. It's easy to be hurt because one has to believe what the other person is saying and some are more sincere than others.

Comment

A joy to have you back Lat.

Comment

You know what I think, Lat!

Comment

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                        A joy to have you back Lat.
                        Heartily seconded!

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                          I did wonder whether all the attention might make you feel a bit self-conscious! but your plans seem pretty sound. Especially planting the bulbs - though it's perishing cold here, in spite of the sunshine. Welcome back!
                          Thank you frenchfrank and to everyone else who has posted kind messages today.

Our neighbour, 86, has only been diagnosed with vertigo so she is more on an even keel - and the hyacinths are in.

I've now got a cup of tea next to me. Time to take a stroll around the boards, I think!
                          Last edited by Guest; 30-10-12, 20:39.

Comment

What with working full-time and listening to music I seem to have missed all the excitement.

Welcome back, Lat. Remember, it's only a message board. No need to take comments too seriously!
                            "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

Working...
                            X