• Time
  • Show
Clear All

New user

hi everyone
    my name is jacob
    i'm a new member to this forum.

Nice to have you with us, jacob.

I'm Simon. I've been around a while. I hope you enjoy your time here. If you are a genuine poster with an open mind and a wide interest in music and almost anything else, you probably will do! Most posters here are very friendly. But if you are new to internet forums such as this, don't let yourself get browbeaten by the odd troll that comes along.

Best wishes,

Simon

Comment

'Fraid his membership was shortlived. Spam message also deleted.
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon View Post
        Nice to have you with us, jacob.

I'm Simon. I've been around a while. I hope you enjoy your time here. If you are a genuine poster with an open mind and a wide interest in music and almost anything else, you probably will do! Most posters here are very friendly. But if you are new to internet forums such as this, don't let yourself get browbeaten by the odd troll that comes along.

Best wishes,

Simon
        priceless!

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
          priceless!

and hi all the same

Comment

And there was me being really polite and pleasant on a sunny morning!

Though the "if" is always a necessity in these places, of course...

Comment

I have all sorts of hints, Simon. I was just waiting for the spam post to appear

It interrupted my listening to the Anglo-Saxon Portrait, though
              It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Oh dear. I see that Am the Challenged has missed the boat again...

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                  I have all sorts of hints, Simon. I was just waiting for the spam post to appear
                  I didn't actually see that.

But I'm sure you have... <gulp>

Comment

I didn't actually see that.

But I'm sure you have... <gulp>

In view of Amsy's mirth, it might be worth mentioning that in general when new members post for the first time I very much approve of them being acknowledged and welcomed. But genuine members usually have been reading forum discussions, are interested and post a relevant message.

Sometimes people only join to engage in an argument, in which case I still think they should be welcomed - cautiously.

The classic spammer contributes a post which reveals no special interest or knowledge - like jacobs8891

This is typical.

And some countries of origin are particularly suspect ...

Comment

as are some counties beginning with the letter D

Comment

And there was me being really polite and pleasant on a sunny morning!
                        I'll have to employ you on 31st to scare the trick-or-treaters off. Looks as if it works a treat!
                        "...the isle is full of noises,
                        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

In view of Amsy's mirth, it might be worth mentioning that in general when new members post for the first time I very much approve of them being acknowledged and welcomed. But genuine members usually have been reading forum discussions, are interested and post a relevant message.

Sometimes people only join to engage in an argument, in which case I still think they should be welcomed - cautiously.

The classic spammer contributes a post which reveals no special interest or knowledge - like jacobs8891

This is typical.

My mirth was occasioned by Prof's ample greeting - if he'd been proferring a packet of Werther's Originals it could not have been more gruesome. In my opinon, of course

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                            I'll have to employ you on 31st to scare the trick-or-treaters off. Looks as if it works a treat!
                            Yes the cobwebs should do the trick, at least.

Comment

Working...
                            X