No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choice of font colour

How do I choose a font colour?
    Not necessarily as in Nick's case for every message, but to highlight/make red the BaL winner.
    I can't even find the FAQs any more (might be covered there).

Ah! Found Help, advanced editing, and realised what the A option produces!

Happy for this whole thread to be killed.

Comment

I asked Bard the following question: " how do I get different coloured fonts for text in the BBC for3 forum web site"

I have no idea whether the following answers are correct! Suffice to say I've not managed so far to change the text colour - though I've not been trying for very long.

Modifying font colors in the BBC for3 forum website is not directly possible as the forum utilizes a predefined color scheme for its text elements. However, you can achieve a similar effect by utilizing browser extensions or CSS customization.
      Option 1: Browser Extensions
      There are various browser extensions that allow you to override the default styling of websites, including font colors. These extensions may have specific instructions for modifying BBC for3 forum text colors, but the general process typically involves highlighting the text you want to change, selecting the desired color from the extension's interface, and clicking an "Apply" button.
      Popular extensions for this purpose include Stylish, Colorzilla, and Web Developer.
      Option 2: CSS Customization
      If you have some CSS knowledge, you can modify the BBC for3 forum website's CSS directly to change the font colors. This method requires more technical expertise, but it offers greater control over the specific colors and styles you want to apply.
      To do this, you'll need to identify the HTML elements corresponding to the text you want to color and modify their CSS properties accordingly. For instance, to change the color of a heading element, you would target the h1 or h2 tags and adjust the color property.
      Remember that altering the website's CSS may affect other elements' appearance, so it's crucial to make careful edits and test thoroughly.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
        I asked Bard the following question: " how do I get different coloured fonts for text in the BBC for3 forum web site"

I have no idea whether the following answers are correct! Suffice to say I've not managed so far to change the text colour - though I've not been trying for very long.​
        Oh Bard of little faith.

Actually - it could be right: you said 'website' not forum
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Easy, innit?

Except, of course, it took me about 10 minutes on my phone
          ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post

Oh Bard of little faith.

Actually - it could be right: you said 'website' not forum
            I tried both, IIRC.

Ah - I see now - back to the old ways using colour codes. Just shows how all that WYSIWYG stuff and "intuitive" interfaces is at times very misleading.

Also that Bard missed it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
              I tried both, IIRC.

Ah - I see now - back to the old ways using colour codes. Just shows how all that WYSIWYG stuff and "intuitive" interfaces is at times very misleading.

Also that Bard missed it too.
              You don't have to 'use colour codes'; the underscored A (next to the Size button) opens up the colour palette for you to pick from.
              That's pretty WYSIWYG in terms of colour options, once you've twigged that that's what the A stands for!

Comment

Trying Bard again ...

As before, not at all sure if the responses are correct - though the "obvious" solutions were not found.

--------------------

how do I get different coloured fonts for text in the for3 forum webpages

View other drafts

To get different coloured fonts for text in the for3 forum webpages, you can use the Markdown syntax. Here is an example of how to do this:
                Markdown

This is **bold text**. This is *italic text*. This is ~~strikethrough text~~. This is `inline code`. This is a [link](https://www.google.com). Use code with caution. Learn more

This will render as follows:

This is bold text. This is italic text. This is ~~strikethrough text~~. This is inline code. This is a link: https://www.google.com.

You can also use HTML tags to change the font color. For example, the following will make the text red:
                HTML

<span style="color: red;">This is red text.</span> Use code with caution. Learn more

This is red text.

To change the font color of all the text in a post, you can use the BBCode syntax. For example, the following will make all the text in the post red:

All the text in this post will be red.

All the text in this post will be red.

Comment

Dave: I think you're making it much more complicated that it need be!

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
                    Dave: I think you're making it much more complicated that it need be!
                    Just experimenting!

Indeed!

Bard is sometimes very helpful, but sometimes just misses the point completely. I read an article earlier today which mentioned that sometimes these so-called AI tools cause mayhem - for example particularly round the times of elections, and may give rise to a lot of false "opinions" and completely misleading "trends", which can potentially influence the outcomes.

Comment

Most fonts I've known have been for dipping babies in.

Comment

I wonder why it's called a 'font colo[u]r' - which does seem to be common. But if you hover over the A here it's called 'text color' which makes more sense (to me). I was trying to discover whether the A stood for anything, like the B, I and U, but it doesn't look as if anyone's asked the question before
                        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

I believe that Tennyson used the porphyry font...

- ...which is now an actual thing: https://www.tinasmithdesign.com/project/porphyry

Comment

Originally posted by Roslynmuse View Post
                            Yea, and the gold fin winketh not therein ..

Comment

Originally posted by Roslynmuse View Post
                              Roger Quilter’s setting touchingly sung by the great Cornish baritone Ben Luxon:

Comment

Working...
                              X