Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zucchini View Post
    I had the same about 21.00 last night on my way to internet Xmas shopping. I rarely panic over glitches; didn't come back; all ok today
    You're quite right - I try not to lose sleep over the vagaries of my computer's hormones; but the fact that on this occasion, switching it off and turning it back on again didn't get rid of the problem was disconcerting.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Well - at around the same time last night, more or less the same thing happened - except that the Forum was completely lost; no access at all, wiping the fifty-odd items from my browsing history did nothing to bring it back. I think there is a problem with my Router/Modem (is there a difference?) as, whilst switching the computer off and back on again did nothing, doing that with the Router solved it this afternoon.

Curious that it's affecting ONLY the Forum: every other website is available (and I could do with having Amazon unavailable until after Christmas, to be honest!) - but I cannot access the Forum website via my Bookmarks, the link on Andrew's Schedules site, or by doing a web search (Google Chrome).

Heigh-ho.
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

I too have been experiencing some problems in the past few weeks with accessing the forum on my laptop. 'This page cannot be displayed' is happening more and more frequently and while it only rarely comes up when accessing other websites it does so when attempting to access the forum more often than I would like. I never go on New Posts or What's New, though.

Using the Windows troubleshooter usually clears it but I've occasionally had to turn the router off and then back on again to clear any logjam that's there. Once done, everything is ok.

Having said all this my browsing history could do with a good clear out.
        "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

Working...
        X