Can you tell/find out if you've been quoted?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you tell/find out if you've been quoted?

The speed with which some threads are growing means that it is easy to miss messages that might warrant a reply, if someone has quoted one of your messages and posed a question, for example.

Is there a setting/alert that tells you if one of your messages has been quoted?

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
    The speed with which some threads are growing means that it is easy to miss messages that might warrant a reply, if someone has quoted one of your messages and posed a question, for example.

Is there a setting/alert that tells you if one of your messages has been quoted?
    I use this, but it’s not very reliable. I might take it back.

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post

I'll hunt around on the vBulletin site to see if that's ever had an answer. I don't know of one.
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

vBulletin forum Adminstrator says: "There is no function in vB5 that tells you when you've been quoted." As we stopped upgrading at vB4 it seems unlikely that we have such a function. It would require our own modification to the software, which vBulletin itself doesn't support. So it might be possible to do it: only Andrew knows or can. Sorry
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
          I'll hunt around on the vBulletin site to see if that's ever had an answer. I don't know of one.
          Can’t he get his P.A. to do it for him?

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
            vBulletin forum Adminstrator says: "There is no function in vB5 that tells you when you've been quoted." As we stopped upgrading at vB4 it seems unlikely that we have such a function. It would require our own modification to the software, which vBulletin itself doesn't support. So it might be possible to do it: only Andrew knows or can. Sorry
            Thanks for asking, anyway.

Comment

Working...
            X