Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ignore list

On some forums there is the option to set up a Foe or Ignore List. This I find very useful but I can't see a similar facility here. Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place. The simple reason is that there are some posters who seem to take great delight in pontificating on and on and on...they simply love the sound of their own voice too much. Sticking them on an Ignore list helps my blood pressure
    Last edited by Guest; 30-11-10, 14:45.

I hope we can all get on together and that this will not be necessary. But I know what you mean and there were several on the BBC boards. I'm sure that Nethersage/Bryn might even have considered putting even Goody-Two-Shoes Little Me on such a list

Comment

I really dislike the use of "Foe list".

This forum has started with lots of good feeling all round and, to me, use of such terms seem out of place.

However, if you insist on ignoring someone you can do that by viewing their profile where you will see an ignore option.

Hopefully, we will all get along with good will and tolerance all round and such things won't be necessary.

Comment

I agree that the term Foe is a little contentious and not at all what I intended. As you say this IS a friendly forum. Just that there really are some windbags! I'd much rather simply not be aware of their existence. Thanks for the tip BTW.

Edit: tried changing the thread title to Ignore List but unable to.
        Last edited by Guest; 30-11-10, 14:47.

Comment

Hello BTS, as johnb has pointed out, there is such a facility here too. I think people should use it quietly and without making an issue of it. Better than having unnecessary friction between those whose mutual chemistry isn't working!
          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

I agree with johnb - we should be a reasonably friendly lot - and some of the posts may be long but can be quite interesting.

You don't have to read them, or all of a long post.

Comment

Working...
            X