The threads below have not been updated since your last visit ...

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any particular reason for this?

While not really a matter for complaint, since it doesn't happen that often, it does make having to trawl through a bit laborious!

While not really a matter for complaint, since it doesn't happen that often, the repeated backspacing involved does make having to trawl through each time a bit laborious!

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post

While not really a matter for complaint, since it doesn't happen that often, the repeated backspacing involved does make having to trawl through each time a bit laborious!
      So you sent it twice!

Comment

I don't know if there is a connection or if this was just a coincidence, but the last time I got this message (which does, as you imply, result in quite a bit of faffing around) it followed one of those times when the Forum itself took some time to load.
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Well I prefer it to the 'There are no new posts for you to view' message which is tiresome because then I have to go via Quick Links when more often than not there are several new posts.
          The 'threads below' message means I can concentrate on the new posts above it if I'm only dropping in to catch up.

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
            So you sent it twice!
            The "repeat" was only supposed to be the original message amended. Dunno what happened there!

Comment

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
              Well I prefer it to the 'There are no new posts for you to view' message which is tiresome because then I have to go via Quick Links when more often than not there are several new posts.
              The 'threads below' message means I can concentrate on the new posts above it if I'm only dropping in to catch up.

Comment

We get these messages when it's fairly obvious there are new posts to view and threads have been updated since my last visit. I just sigh, wonder what happened this time and, as was said, faff around trying to find the new posts. There may be method in its madness, but I'm not quite sure what the method is.
                It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                  We get these messages when it's fairly obvious there are new posts to view and threads have been updated since my last visit. I just sigh, wonder what happened this time and, as was said, faff around trying to find the new posts. There may be method in its madness, but I'm not quite sure what the method is.
                  I have tried returning later to see if updates have taken place, but all that's happened is the list of unembolded posts has got longer!

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                    I have tried returning later to see if updates have taken place, but all that's happened is the list of unembolded posts has got longer!
                    There have been no changes made to the software, so there is really little to be done but go to the Quick Links tab on the Homepage, select Today's Posts from the dropdown and check the timestamps. For me there are currently 16 new thread posts that have been updated, and the first one below the 'Updated' line was last night at 22.43. Anything later than that last night is bold for 'updated'. Ol korekt this morning …
                    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

I have never really understood the difference between the 'What's New?' (top row) and 'New Posts' (bottom row) links: they usually produce the same result for me.

Comment

I've just good the 'no new posts message', whatever it means.

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
                          I have never really understood the difference between the 'What's New?' (top row) and 'New Posts' (bottom row) links: they usually produce the same result for me.
                          Pulcie,

Go to the forum Homepage first and click on Quick Links, then Today's Posts there. That's where you see the post time stamps, even if it says the thread hasn't been updated.

LMcD, I think if you close your browser or log out, for however briefly, you will tend to get that message if you come back after a short break.

Comment

Pulcie,

Go to the forum Homepage first and click on Quick Links, then Today's Posts there. That's where you see the post time stamps, even if it says the thread hasn't been updated.

LMcD, I think if you close your browser or log out, for however briefly, you will tend to get that message if you come back after a short break.
                            OK, thank you!

Comment

Pulcie,

And thanks from me, too!

Comment

Working...
                              X