Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compensation (& Ethics)

When I was travelling in Germany in December, one of my train journeys was severely disrupted by industrial action - there'd been on mention of this on the DB website when I booked my ticket and in the event, I was a full six hours delayed before reaching my destination.

I filed a claim for compensation (I was, apparently, entitled to half the fare) which DB told me would be forwarded to me once I sent them my bank details. As I'd already forward them my bank details in the initial claim, I was somewhat puzzled. Nevertheless, they don't communicate by email, so it's snail mail or nothing, I sent the details again with an accompanying letter as to why they were asking again?

Today, I had a letter from them to the effect that my compensation and already been refunded to my card. This is not the case, as my bank has just confirmed.

Now, we all know Network Rail aint perfect, but if anything like that happened over here, it'd be straightforward. As it is, I get the sense that the mighty DB is just trying to give me the brush-off when their service was appallingly managed and misadvertised.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had any dealings with them in this regard, before I really go to war....?

Originally posted by Conchis View Post
    I'm just wondering if anyone else has had any dealings with them in this regard, before I really go to war....?
    Nothing at all similar. My only 'dealings' with them were at Frankfurt station when I turned up to book a couchette for the night train and was told there were none left, 'But go and speak to the guard.' There were no couchettes left, but as several people had turned up at the last minute they added an extra coach - and I had a compartment to myself.

No help at all, sorry. Just wanted to put in a word for 'em
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
      Nothing at all similar. My only 'dealings' with them were at Frankfurt station when I turned up to book a couchette for the night train and was told there were none left, 'But go and speak to the guard.' There were no couchettes left, but as several people had turned up at the last minute they added an extra coach - and I had a compartment to myself.

No help at all, sorry. Just wanted to put in a word for 'em

That was then, but....they have declined shockingly in recent years.

Comment

Lot's of folks seem to like Chiltern Railways and the Tyne and Wear metro

Comment

Conchis: if you can't get it sorted by direct contact with DB, you may find this organisation can do it:
          I keep hitting the Escape key, but I'm still here!

Comment

Originally posted by LeMartinPecheur View Post
            Conchis: if you can't get it sorted by direct contact with DB, you may find this organisation can do it:
            https://www.ukecc.net/index.cfm
            Thanks for that, LMP! Looks interesting....

Comment

Indeed. Today's Spiegel Online: http://www.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/unt...a-1251588.html
              My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

Working...
              X