Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YouTube

Not sure if this one has been dealt with before.

I very much enjoy the wealth of musical offerings on YouTube. I have a few DVDs to which I transferred some very old VHS tapes of vintage Academy of Ancient Music/Christopher Hogwood programmes over the years on BBC TV. I would really like to share them with a wider public who have probably never seen them before, but have absolutely no idea how to upload onto YouTube.

Is it difficult for a technophobe like me who doesn't understand these things very well?

#youtube #channel #tutorial In this more detailed beginner's tutorial I show you how to create a YouTube Channel in two different ways and also how to set ...

and

How to Upload Videos To YouTube the Complete Guide to every upload screen, every upload setting and expert YouTube upload advice.⏱️TIMESTAMPS⏱️0:00 How to Up...

should help.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCPePOHu-3Y

and

How to Upload Videos To YouTube the Complete Guide to every upload screen, every upload setting and expert YouTube upload advice.⏱️TIMESTAMPS⏱️0:00 How to Up...

should help.
      Thanks a lot, Bryn, will have a look at these later next week. I think you might be interested to see some of the old videos I have, though can't quite remember if you are a Hogwood fan or not. Even so, they date from the late seventies and eighties, so are interesting from a historical point of view of HIP practice.

Comment

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
        Not sure if this one has been dealt with before.

I very much enjoy the wealth of musical offerings on YouTube. I have a few DVDs to which I transferred some very old VHS tapes of vintage Academy of Ancient Music/Christopher Hogwood programmes over the years on BBC TV. I would really like to share them with a wider public who have probably never seen them before, but have absolutely no idea how to upload onto YouTube.

Is it difficult for a technophobe like me who doesn't understand these things very well?
        It’s not difficult but , as a creative , I hope you don’t mind me pointing out that by doing so you may be be infringing the copyright of many of the performers involved who may then ask YouTube to take the video down. That is what most broadcasters ask YouTube to do if the receive a complaint from a performer , writer , director or producer.
        On the other hand all involved might not be in the least concerned.

Comment

Thanks a lot, Bryn, will have a look at these later next week. I think you might be interested to see some of the old videos I have, though can't quite remember if you are a Hogwood fan or not. Even so, they date from the late seventies and eighties, so are interesting from a historical point of view of HIP practice.
          I look forward to checking them out. How about the Christmas broadcasts of the Beethoven Symphonies (LCO. Norrington). Only a couple of those seem to be on Youtube.

Comment

I look forward to checking them out. How about the Christmas broadcasts of the Beethoven Symphonies (LCO. Norrington). Only a couple of those seem to be on Youtube.
            I don't remember those...which Christmas are you talking about, in the 80's?

Comment

Originally posted by Ein Heldenleben View Post
              It’s not difficult but , as a creative , I hope you don’t mind me pointing out that by doing so you may be be infringing the copyright of many of the performers involved who may then ask YouTube to take the video down. That is what most broadcasters ask YouTube to do if the receive a complaint from a performer , writer , director or producer.
              I don't mind in the least and had already wondered if I might be breaking some rules. I know that the BBC is pretty hot in taking down programmes on a regular basis. I suppose I could try with one or two to begin with and see what happens!

Comment

I don't remember those...which Christmas are you talking about, in the 80's?
                I'd have to search that out. It would have been around the period of the original release of the studio recordings, so, yes, the 80's.

Comment

I'd have to search that out. It would have been around the period of the original release of the studio recordings, so, yes, the 80's.
                  Ok. I just wish I could get to see those two BBC programmes the AAM and Hogwood did from Kedleston Hall, just at the start of the Mozart symphony cycle.

Comment

Looks like they just missed the 1980s: https://www2.bfi.org.uk/films-tv-people/4ce2b7ad471b9 I think three of them were rebroadcast durint the peiod of the Beethoven Experience.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ein Heldenleben View Post
                        I have no legal knowledge of copyright, but I suspect that in the case of recordings which would otherwise be unavailable/unheard (and therefore not realistically bring in any rights fees), people are glad to have some publicity - which might in other ways prove beneficial to them. I've noticed that some record companies post videos and presume they are happy that no infringements of anyone's rights are affected.
                        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

For reasons I can't explain, that was a riveting performance. Thank you Bryn.

Comment

Relaxing to yet another restreaming of:

The presentation may seem a little quaint and dated but the story is well told. It's just a pity that the audio compression, both dynamic and data, means you have to put up with poor audio quality which does not serve the sound of the instruments well.

Comment

Not quite so relaxing but definitely of interest to at least some here:

Comment

Working...
                              X