Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posting up a photo onto The Forum from a computer or iphone

This is related to my grumble about imgur being less user-friendly than it used to be.

Can any kind person lead me step by step to doing this? Keep it simple. I'm fairly daft at anything techie.

Thanks in advance!

OMG. I seem to have done it! (Imgur behaving itself.) So not too much of a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
      This is related to my grumble about imgur being less user-friendly than it used to be.

Can any kind person lead me step by step to doing this? Keep it simple. I'm fairly daft at anything techie.

Thanks in advance!
      Is that why I keep getting wide open spaces on published posts which should give links to videos but don’t!

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
        Is that why I keep getting wide open spaces on published posts which should give links to videos but don’t!
        why on earth are 'friends' of radio pushing video or even still pictures - lazy thought?

Comment

Because no-one (including me....worst offender) sticks to the point. Anyway, Platform 3 (and other bits of the Forum) encourages discussion on...well....anything. Birds for instance. At least my photo above is a musical instrument!

Comment

HELP!! I used to post up photos from my desk-top by using IMGUR. The latter seems to have gone all peculiar, and I can't log into it any more. Bearing in mind that my brain doesn't understand computers, can any kind person explain a simple way of posting up a picture on The Forum? Thanks in advance.

Comment

As a host though, you could probably correct the typo in the thread title.

I've never been able to post a photo here either, and would also appreciate a set of simple step by step instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
                As a host though, you could probably correct the typo in the thread title.

I've never been able to post a photo here either, and would also appreciate a set of simple step by step instructions.
                I tried to correct the typo but either as a result of my current internet problems or some forum pages not loading I failed. The essential requirement to upload a link to your pictures is that it needs to have a url to paste in. This site gives several ideas how you can get one (including imgur). I have a redundant Wordpress blog and just upload the photo to the library. When I edit it a url is displayed. Photobucket used to be the go-to site but it stopped allowing posting to third party websites.
                It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

HELP!! I used to post up photos from my desk-top by using IMGUR. The latter seems to have gone all peculiar, and I can't log into it any more. Bearing in mind that my brain doesn't understand computers, can any kind person explain a simple way of posting up a picture on The Forum? Thanks in advance.
                  Yes I used to use Imgur but it’s useless now.

I use this site:

Free image hosting and sharing service, upload pictures, photo host. Offers integration solutions for uploading images to forums.

You have to wade through adverts but it’s quick & simple & requires no registration etc.

When I’ve got a bit more time I’ll try and post the steps of how to use it (unless you find it easy enough without guidance)
                  "...the isle is full of noises,
                  Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                  Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                  Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Apologies if the choice of image offends but the simplest way is to right click on any image on the Internet, and select copy location. Then paste location in the "Insert image' icon and voila you will be feeling as pleased with yourself as this gentleman!

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Velo View Post
                      the simplest way…
                      I can’t see that this way works on iOS equipment… though I’d be delighted to be proved wrong!
                      "...the isle is full of noises,
                      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Velo View Post
                        Apologies if the choice of image offends but the simplest way is to right click on any image on the Internet, and select copy location. Then paste location in the "Insert image' icon and voila you will be feeling as pleased with yourself as this gentleman!
                        But the question was, unless I misunderstood, how to post your own photos filed on your own computer. If it's on the internet already it probably has a url. Yes, I can post internet pics with iOS - you just have to remember to uncheck 'Retrieve remote file and reference locally', after choosing the 'Insert Image' icon and 'URL'.
                        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

FF, I've worked out how to give my picture a URL (whatever that means) but I can't convert the URL to an actual PICTURE that appears on The Forum.
                          I am so utterly thick. (I used to do it via Imgur but that's gone peculiar.)

Comment

FF, I've worked out how to give my picture a URL (whatever that means) but I can't convert the URL to an actual PICTURE that appears on The Forum.
                            I am so utterly thick. (I used to do it via Imgur but that's gone peculiar.)
                            In the post pane where you write your text, there's a row of icons just above it. Third from the right is a squareish thing which will say 'Insert Image' if you hover over it. Click on that, then click on 'From URL' in the pop-up and paste the URL into the new pop-up which appears, and UNCHECK 'Retrieve remote file and reference locally'. Click OK. If that doesn't work, the problem will be with the URL which usually ends with the extension .jpg. Or .png
                            Last edited by french frank; 08-05-23, 21:00.

Comment

Working...
                            X